Sea Plane Excursion

toescat

Yes, numerous times, 20+++ All kinds of "rides", it's a small plane so you will feel more "movement", flying in/out of the fjords. Worth is subjective, absolutely for me. The money is an insignificant issue for me.

"Landing" is on water, no comparison to any other type of landing, (helicopter, ski, runway, all different)

Yes, numerous times, 20+++ All kinds of "rides", it's a small plane so you will feel more "movement", flying in/out of the fjords. Worth is subjective, absolutely for me. The money is an insignificant issue for me.

"Landing" is on water, no comparison to any other type of landing, (helicopter, ski, runway, all different)

Thank you so much BudgetQueen, it really helped me make my decision to do the excursion. I can't wait for the next 24 days to be over so I can board my ship to Alaska!

We took the boat to Misty Fjords and plane back. Taking off in the fjords was super exciting and water takeoff/landing was something I had wanted to do for a long time. Sort of a bucket list thing. Once up the views were incredible - not only looking out at the cliffs but once a bit higher looking down at the areas behind the cliffs where there were lakes and forest area not visible from below. Landing was smooth as could be. The planes are very noisy so they give you headphones to wear and be able to hear the commentary by the pilot. It was expensive but one of the most worthwhile excursions we have ever done.

Taquan Air $269.

Use the Toursaver App and get 2 for 1. Makes it totally worth it. I am in Ketchikan right now and did it. In the air for about 1 1/2 hrs. Landed on a fjord in the middle of nowwhere. Amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

For me, very much worth it. We enjoyed it. Another nice thing about this excursion is our plane's dock was very near the ship. The 1 1/2 hour excursion really only took 2 hours total with travel leaving lots of time for other things in town. (of course I would prefer to flight to last all day but it doesn't... point is there is not a lot of wasted travel time which makes this a good excursion.)

32769213532_63319f135c_c.jpg