Need a simple explanation re: plane tickets I can't use

elruth

You'll be happy to know this thread will end since today I decided to use the cancelled airline tickets and pay the penalty of over $ 500.00. I called NCL and rebooked the cancelled cruise with the new itinerary. I had to downgrade from a mini -suite on the Sun and book a balcony on the Sun and paid close to $ 1000.00 more than what I originally booked.

Thanks to the kind people who did respond and offered suggestions and advice.

Everyone here was trying to offer "suggestions and advice", really!

It's just that you only wanted to hear - at first, at least - one type of answer, how to get your money back/etc.

Apparently once you were able to listen to other "next best" solutions, you found them helpful.

And maybe this wasn't a "next best" but "THE best" solution :)

Glad that you will have a nice cruise!

GC

But also, DO think about travel insurance.

She had travel insurance. Evidently there is no travel insurance that will cover you for the full cost of your plane tickets if the cruise is canceled. The reason is that the tickets still have some value. The insurance may cover the change fees, but in this case NCL has promised to cover $300 of the change fees. That's probably about half, depending on the airline, and then the remainder of the change fee is what you'd expect to get back. to the insurance. I believe the OP, in one of the six or so threads started on this issue, said that he or she simply called and cancelled the tickets, and doesn't want to use the change fee process. She or he is forfeiting the value of the tickets due to the hassle factor, I guess.

She had travel insurance. Evidently there is no travel insurance that will cover you for the full cost of your plane tickets if the cruise is canceled. The reason is that the tickets still have some value. The insurance may cover the change fees, but in this case NCL has promised to cover $300 of the change fees. That's probably about half, depending on the airline, and then the remainder of the change fee is what you'd expect to get back. to the insurance. I believe the OP, in one of the six or so threads started on this issue, said that he or she simply called and cancelled the tickets, and doesn't want to use the change fee process. She or he is forfeiting the value of the tickets due to the hassle factor, I guess.

I started 4 threads on this issue and one of them was to inform others that NCL cancelled the Sun 10 day cruise on Nov. 27th. Another poster started a thread re: the cancellation of a cruise on the Jade. I hope everyone knows that I will cease and desist from posting any question more than once in the future.