Gem tender reservations

kellymccrea

How does the tendering process work on the Gem for Great Stirrup Cay? Do you have to make reservations as soon as you board? And is this done in a particular place or through the iConcierge app? We’d like to get an early tender. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you booked an excursion you have priority; if you do not have an excursion booked, they hand out tender tickets the morning of arrival to GSC (last time I was on they handed them out by the pool) they will make multiple announcements. Usually by 11am or so it is open boarding so you do not need a ticket.

Thanks for the info. When you say announcements, will they make announcements regarding where they’re handing tickets our? I don’t want to be wandering around. Our time in Great Stirrup Cay is 11-7 so I don’t have much time to waste if I want to get back onboard and get ready for dinner.

We did GSC a couple of years ago on the Breakaway, i had booked the paddle boarding for i think $20 and flashed my receipt to the crew at the entrance to the theatre where they were loading the Tenders from and got on the first Tender to leave the ship.

The paddle boards were rubbish but it did get us on the island early to pick a nice shady spot under a tree before the placed was mobbed.

If we ever go back id just book the cheapest excursion and use that to get on the Tenders early.

Thanks for the info. When you say announcements, will they make announcements regarding where they’re handing tickets our? I don’t want to be wandering around. Our time in Great Stirrup Cay is 11-7 so I don’t have much time to waste if I want to get back onboard and get ready for dinner.

There should be a notice in the Freestyle Daily as to when and where tender tickets will be available. Someone from the Cruise Director's staff will also make public address announcements on the morning of your arrival at GSC.

If you are scheduled to leave at 7, the last tender back should be about 6:15-6:30. The time of the last tender will be posted near the elevator banks, in the Freestyle Daily, and just before the tender loading location.

There should be a notice in the Freestyle Daily as to when and where tender tickets will be available. Someone from the Cruise Director's staff will also make public address announcements on the morning of your arrival at GSC.

If you are scheduled to leave at 7, the last tender back should be about 6:15-6:30. The time of the last tender will be posted near the elevator banks, in the Freestyle Daily, and just before the tender loading location.

Thank you! Just what I needed.