"free" UBP/other guest must get package?

josask

I apologize if this has been asked before, but I didn't find anything when I searched.

We are travelling as a family of 5. We selected UBP for hubby and myself as one of our freebies. I noticed if you purchase a drink package everyone in the same party must have one. Does this mean we will have to purchase our kids the packages because we chose this as a freebie? We don't drink pop so it would be a complete waste.

Also, any ideas what 'fancy' non-alcholic drinks cost on board? i.e. virgin frozen drinks, etc.

I got the UBP for my DH and I and I bought the kids the soda package...I was told when I booked that only guest #'s 1 and 2 got the "perk". my kids also didn't get the specialty dining, I had to purchase it for them(just DH and I got it)

I got the UBP for my DH and I and I bought the kids the soda package...I was told when I booked that only guest #'s 1 and 2 got the "perk". my kids also didn't get the specialty dining, I had to purchase it for them(just DH and I got it)

No, you didn't HAVE to purchase it for them. You chose to purchase it for them. It was not required.

OP, as others have said, no you don't have to buy the package for the others in the cabin. You can if you want, but not required.

No, you didn't HAVE to purchase it for them. You chose to purchase it for them. It was not required.

OP, as others have said, no you don't have to buy the package for the others in the cabin. You can if you want, but not required.

WOW, OK....thanks for correcting me and putting me in my place. and just and FYI, my 1st trip with this line. The customer service rep booking the trip told me that because DH and I had a package, I HAD to buy the kids one

The OP was asking if it is mandatory to purchase a package for guests 3-5 if guests 1 & 2 receive the UBP. The answer is that it is not mandatory.

IF someone in the stateroom purchases the UBP, it IS mandatory for the other adults to purchase the UBP if he/she doesn't already have it.