RCL Must have Foods

lilcheg

I know this has been posted somewhere, and I am really really sorry but I can not find the ongoing list of Must Haves and Favorites that has been complied.

If you could either send me the links OR just put the favourites in here I would greatly appreciate it.

I'm new to cruising and sometimes I can't find a think on this board

Thanks so much

Breakfast

Lunch

Dinner

Other

Made to order omelets in buffet

pulled pork sandwich in the main dining

Cold Soup

Sugar free Coconut cake

Salmon with capers

Honey Chicken

Only on first day in buffet

Lobster Bisk

chocolate banana cream pie

Lobster Shrimp plate

coconut creme brulee served on formal night

Lamb shank

pizza from room service

Vidalia Onion Tart

First night, in the MDR

Flourless chocolate cake

Mushroom Pastry appetizer

Savory Bites. Buttery roll

shrimp ravioli with lobster sauce

just eat the food you like. You dont have to eat everything. You can put food in your pocket , just in case they run out. Frankiecruise:eek:

gee thanks

the point was to find the prior list

there are alot of people who rave about certain thing and I just wanted to find it

Next time put a warning for something like this, haha. I'm starving and didn't expect this delicious looking dish! Thanks for posting!

I don't even think I chewed it, sailing!! :D It was BY FAR the most delicious thing I had on the ship!!

I had finished mine, and was contemplating how to ninja snap the hubby so I could have his, when our waiter, Andre, came with 2 to-go plates. He said, 'One for tonight, and one for breakfast!'

I came so close to kissing him on the mouth!!! Hahahaha.

Really, there's no need to plan every meal weeks in advance. The way it typically works, is you look over the menu for a few minutes, then order what you want. Other people probably don't have the same taste you do. If you see something that looks interesting, order it. To enjoy the cruise, relax and have fun....no need to obsess over food for weeks.

Really, there's no need to plan every meal weeks in advance. The way it typically works, is you look over the menu for a few minutes, then order what you want. Other people probably don't have the same taste you do. If you see something that looks interesting, order it. To enjoy the cruise, relax and have fun....no need to obsess over food for weeks.

I also have never understood this. To each his own, eh?

Here's the thing. SOME OF US starve for weeks in advance of cruising so we like to look at the menus. Today, I had a lettuce and tomato sandwich so a week from now I can eat 3 chocolate banana cream pies.

yes, I know this is a hard concept for some of you to understand...

I also like to look at the menus... My husband and I always diet the month up to our trip, so to read the menus and know that on Friday I am going to kill off the population of lobster, and on Monday I am going to eat enough chocolate to have me on a sugar high for the remainder of the trip.... It just makes the build-up more exciting!

Ofcourse the cruise isn't just about the food, but to get excited about and enjoy every aspect is just getting your $$'s worth!! :D

I also like to look at the menus... My husband and I always diet the month up to our trip, so to read the menus and know that on Friday I am going to kill off the population of lobster, and on Monday I am going to eat enough chocolate to have me on a sugar high for the remainder of the trip.... It just makes the build-up more exciting!

Ofcourse the cruise isn't just about the food, but to get excited about and enjoy every aspect is just getting your $$'s worth!! :D

I love your philosophy! For me it's mostly about the food (well, maybe not mostly...but ya know). On a cruise I get to eat foods I normally don't get. YUMMY...the anticipation...YUMMY! I'm hungry.

Isn't this the truth? I looked at the list posted here and thought..."you have to be kidding me" I don't want coconut anything unless it's just plain coconut out of the husk. The eggs benedict is OK but nothing like a really good one. Mushrooms? Lamb? No way.

I did try something new last week at the suggestion of the waiter. It was the free range chicken. He asked if I like spicy food. Yes, I do. And we know how many complaints we've seen about bland food around here. The free range chicken was GREAT. It wasn't at all overly spicy. I could easily eat hotter and spicier. But it was perfectly cooked and the salsa like sauce on it made it extra good.

I heard a guy on the galley tour comment to the chef how happy he was that they have stopped using so much salt saying, "if people like salt they can add their own". I wanted to tell him that some things taste better if they are cooked WITH the seasoning and that if he wanted bland tasting food he should order salt free BEFORE he boards the ship. But I kept my big mouth shut. :eek: :D

Archived