How do I upgrade my drink package from classic to deluxe?

JerseyGirl105

Hello from Canada. I am on the Seaview this June and my experience comes with the drink package, and I phoned MSC and asked them if and how I can upgrade to the Deluxe, and I was told I can do it on the the phone or on ship, and the cost was the difference between the two packages. I am trying to decide if it is worth the $182 USD difference.

I just called a few days ago to upgrade my package for our June 30th sailing on Seaside. I am booked in an Aurea cabin also. It was easy-peasy. Took less then 5 minutes for the representative to upgrade me and send an updated invoice. It was $112 total for two adults. If you have kids they do not have to upgrade.

I just called a few days ago to upgrade my package for our June 30th sailing on Seaside. I am booked in an Aurea cabin also. It was easy-peasy. Took less then 5 minutes for the representative to upgrade me and send an updated invoice. It was $112 total for two adults. If you have kids they do not have to upgrade.

That's good to know. I will call now. Thanks!

I am traveling on the Seaside on May 5th. I have an Aurea balcony room with the classic drink package. I looked on the website and could not find any information. Do I wait until I am on the boat? Thanks!

We just called MSC and said: "Upgrade me"

Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

I called MSC AND our travel agent and both quoted $56 A DAY to upgrade on Aurea booking from Classic to Deluxe package. It makes no sense. The total would be $364 for the two adults. We kept telling them about the Cruise Critic Board and even provided a screen shot, but no one will honor the $56 per person upgrade. Is there a specific number you called to talk to an MSC representative that will honor it? We are on the Seaview out of Barcelona in July 2018. Do you think the upgrade for $56 is only for Caribbean?

I called MSC AND our travel agent and both quoted $56 A DAY to upgrade on Aurea booking from Classic to Deluxe package. It makes no sense. The total would be $364 for the two adults. We kept telling them about the Cruise Critic Board and even provided a screen shot, but no one will honor the $56 per person upgrade. Is there a specific number you called to talk to an MSC representative that will honor it? We are on the Seaview out of Barcelona in July 2018. Do you think the upgrade for $56 is only for Caribbean?

If you look at the price for the drink package that is "included" with Aurea and look at the price for the next highest package (i.e. the one you want to upgrade to) the difference is not the same for Europe, the UAE and the Mediterranean when compared to Caribbean sailings.

I always do independent research before trusting what I read on any forum, including this one. I would encourage you not to take my word for it, but instead fact check what I posted above on the official MSC site.

Sorry was answering and didn’t notice Ship

I am sailing on the Seaview on the 19th June, and booked from the North American site. I had booked an interior Fantastica cabin and purchased the All-Inc classic drink package. A while later I upgraded myself to Yacht club, which has the classic included. I was refunded the price of the classic package. I later decided to get the Deluxe, and was told there is NO special price to upgrade. You just pay the difference between the two packages. My price that I paid was $182 for the upgrade. I had read that it would cost mosr if you do this on the ship, but don't know how true that is.

I am sailing on the Seaview on the 19th June, and booked from the North American site. I had booked an interior Fantastica cabin and purchased the All-Inc classic drink package. A while later I upgraded myself to Yacht club, which has the classic included. I was refunded the price of the classic package. I later decided to get the Deluxe, and was told there is NO special price to upgrade. You just pay the difference between the two packages. My price that I paid was $182 for the upgrade. I had read that it would cost mosr if you do this on the ship, but don't know how true that is.

As far as I understand, Yacht Club has the deluxe package included - not the classic. There is no need to purchase any additional drink package when sailing in Yacht Club.

I think Yacht Club always gets the deluxe drinks package. If I was in your position I would check that I am really in the Yacht Club, as it sounds like you are in an Aurea suite (at least from the drinks package upsell).

Just called MSC about a couple of things, and she told me that the Yacht Club comes with the classic package, and I had upgraded to the deluxe few weeks ago, as I thought.

Just so you know, she's wrong.

Just so you know, she's wrong.

Do you have any reference or anything that I can quote them? I don't want to pay for something I already have. Perhaps they are not offering the deluxe as standard on Seaview in the Med?

Do you have any reference or anything that I can quote them? I don't want to pay for something I already have. Perhaps they are not offering the deluxe as standard on Seaview in the Med?

Well I mean, the Yacht Club is all inclusive.....that's what it says on the tin.

Just called MSC about a couple of things, and she told me that the Yacht Club comes with the classic package, and I had upgraded to the deluxe few weeks ago, as I thought.

Also, there is no "Classic" package for Mediterranean sailings.

I am looking on the MSC webpage, using the North American link, and on my booking, it states included "ALL-INCLUSIVE DRINK PACKAGE ADULT" which does not come with the (Premium brands are excluded). Yach club does include the use of the mini bar. If you prefer the "top shelf" alcohol. the extras at the spa and few others, it is offered as the Deluxe package.

When I phoned yesterday and asked about the delay of the Seaview, I also asked about the package and was tole the same thing. If you have a link or can tell me where the Deluxe is included, please show me and I can call them back. Thanks!

I am looking on the MSC webpage, using the North American link, and on my booking, it states included "ALL-INCLUSIVE DRINK PACKAGE ADULT" which does not come with the (Premium brands are excluded). Yach club does include the use of the mini bar. If you prefer the "top shelf" alcohol. the extras at the spa and few others, it is offered as the Deluxe package.

When I phoned yesterday and asked about the delay of the Seaview, I also asked about the package and was tole the same thing. If you have a link or can tell me where the Deluxe is included, please show me and I can call them back. Thanks!

I have no idea what you're saying but in any case, enjoy your cruise and drink package

• 4 weeks later...

We booked with the drinks on us promotion, but upgraded myself and DH to the deluxe all-inclusive, and DD to the non-alcoholic all-inclusive. In the comparison guide, it says that protein snacks, crepes, and snacks for kids with gadget are included. Can anyone explain what the heck those are?!