Dec 11 Victory quick review with no pictures

rtfnl

I had a grouo of 78 with me: fir my group we recieved 2 tote bags per canin, a bottle of wine, and a 1 hour shared cocktail party. We were the on my group for the shared cocktail party. 6 people tried crashing the party. I told the bar tenders that they were party crashers and that went on deft ears. They pretended not to understand what I were talking them. I took it upon myself to ask them if they were with a group, no they weren't. I told them I needed money for the bar tenders tip since they received drunks and need them to leave. They tried to stay and I told them it isn't fair to my group since they paid money and I need them to leave. Which they did. I spoke to 2 of them later that evening and told them it was how they went about it that got to me. If they had tried to find out who was the leader and asked I would have been happy to have them joined since the previous night we talked a few while waiting for pizza. I did speak with someone in group and was given an extra 15 minutes. In Monday I will speak with someone else since I already have 30 people booked in an 8 day cruise next year.

Food: it is very subjected. I didn't find anything that gave me the wow that was good. The lychee soup was different and delicious. I had the strawberry bisque as well. If you get the cold soups ask for it in a glass, so much better. On second thought, the Lychee soup was a wow that was good. I had 2 lobster rolls dipped in butter, it is better that way than cold. My mom had the sampler platter, she said it was delicious.

Dining room: hit or miss. Dinner service was good. One night one of my tables did not get their entrees till after Showtime and 1 person ordered the lobster. She was comped the lobster. The 2 tails looked very small. The last dinner night there was 4 chics who were dressed and looked like strippers with cheap blond wigs that stood in their chairs making a toast. This was very embarrassing and I was hoping no one thought they were with my 9 tables. Our dining room waiter didn't like it all and told the hostess who did nothing about it. Now I understand how the way others dress can affect your dining experience. The braised beef and beef tenderloin was good.

Drinks: I had Cheers. Maxed out twice. On the 4th day I found myself struggling to drink. Alchemy Bar is the best. Tipping dies guarantee faster service. If you spend time There they get to know you. Someone came right after me and the bartender told him that they were closed. He served me because I was a regular and tipping probably didn't hurt either. Cucumber Sunrise and Sidecar were delicious.

Room steward : balcony 7340. Hit or miss. The regular balcony rooms are smaller on the Victory than the other ships. The sofa is a love seat. If you are taller than 4'9" you won't sleep on it comfortable a CD will need to use the upper bunk. On e day we were only left 1 washcloth for 3 people. I was able to get some more with no issues.

Overall, the cruise was good. I took it easy because the morning of Cozumel I woke up with a scratchy throat and didn't go to Chankanaab as planned. With the shorter cruises you get a good cross section of individuals. Yes, it was a cheap cruise. The cabin next to us was rolling blunts on their balcony. The only way I noticed it because I was looking down and could see the bag from my peripheral. I didn't smell weed the few times I was on the balcony which is a good thing.

I'm looking forward to my 8 day next year. I would go on another short cruise just not the Victory because of the food and balcony cabins. For those in my group who have never been on a cruise it was great too them because they have nothing to compare it to.