carnival magic wifi experience info please.

Auralia

We sailed on the magic for the first time this July 2017. I needed internet during the trip for school so I paid for the premium internet. It barely functioned during the 7 day cruise. I could barely send or receive an email let alone access my courses (simple HTML things not requiring high speed). The carnival website and app and facebook didn't really function the whole time either.

Carnival admitted there was an issue with the WIFI during our cruise.

Was my experience the exception or the rule? We are sailing again February 17 and I am not certain if I want to "waste the money" for internet access again. If it works its 100% worth it to me, so anyone recently been satisfied with the service? I 100% understand it's slow, but it was unusable during our cruse in July. 20 Minutes to read a 2 line email unusable.

Thanks for the info!

I sailed the Magic in October and pre purchased the Premium Internet. I didn't have any issues, felt it was working well. What did surprise me was how I was able to get text messages from my work via the internet. On Airplane Mode. Didn't expect that at all. And nope, no charges on my phone bill, I can assure you that I was on Airplane Mode! (Verizon, using the Samsung Messages App - the same App I use every day).

We sailed on the magic for the first time this July 2017. I needed internet during the trip for school so I paid for the premium internet. It barely functioned during the 7 day cruise. I could barely send or receive an email let alone access my courses (simple HTML things not requiring high speed). The carnival website and app and facebook didn't really function the whole time either.

Carnival admitted there was an issue with the WIFI during our cruise.

Was my experience the exception or the rule? We are sailing again February 17 and I am not certain if I want to "waste the money" for internet access again. If it works its 100% worth it to me, so anyone recently been satisfied with the service? I 100% understand it's slow, but it was unusable during our cruse in July. 20 Minutes to read a 2 line email unusable.

Thanks for the info!

Even Carnival employees will tell you, the value package is about the best, the better higher priced packages aren't better, Just more expensive :loudcry:

If you're thinking of using Skype, forget it, try Viber, which seems to work most of the time.;) Both people would have to have Viber, a similar program to Skype. Also if you have data on your cell phone, you can use Viber to call internationally for free. ;p

No, I'm not an employee of Viber, Just telling you what we found works so far on Carnival's internet. We also use Skype at home, like it a lot, Just not working even with premium pkge on Carnival.

Edited by AmBear
Spelling