Orlando Universal Studios Question

sweetpea916

Hi,

We're spending a day at Universal Studios this Saturday before we cruise out of Port Canaveral on Sunday. I heard that you can purchase a "speed pass" that gets you priority lines for the rides... has anyone done this before? Is it worth it? Any other tips on making the most of our day there? What attractions are the "not to miss" ones and which can we do without?

Thanks!! :cool:

Hi,

We're spending a day at Universal Studios this Saturday before we cruise out of Port Canaveral on Sunday. I heard that you can purchase a "speed pass" that gets you priority lines for the rides... has anyone done this before? Is it worth it? Any other tips on making the most of our day there? What attractions are the "not to miss" ones and which can we do without?

Thanks!! :cool:

I've never heard of the speed pass (maybe its new?) I know they have fast passes (they are free) for the popular rides which gives you a specific time to come back to the ride and lets you get on right away. Don't miss the back to the future ride, its my fav and of course ya can't miss the jaws ride! The shrek and the mummy ride looked fun but I didn't have time to go :( If you like roller coasters get a two park pass so you can go to islands of adventure (universals sister park and my personal favorite of the two!) They have a ton a super cool rides, the spiderman and hulk are the best! Hope this helps, if ya have any other questions let me know!

Hi,

We're spending a day at Universal Studios this Saturday before we cruise out of Port Canaveral on Sunday. I heard that you can purchase a "speed pass" that gets you priority lines for the rides... has anyone done this before? Is it worth it?

If you stay at any of the Universal hotels your room key is you 'speed pass'. Otherwise for $15 plus your regular admission price you can purchase a 'speed pass' and reduce your wait time for rides to less then 15 minutes.

When we go we stay at the Portofino and use our key to skip the lines. Is it worth it, absolutely. ;)

http://www.universalorlando.com/tic_express.html

Universal has done away with its "free" Express passes. The only way to do it now is to pay around $35 per person to be able to skip all the lines. The only drawback is that if they scan your card you can only skip the line once on that particular attraction.

If you can it is well worth the money to stay on property - the Hard Rock, The Portofino or the Royal Pacific are Universal's onsite hotels. If you arent a guest there you will have to pay the $35 dollars.

One thing to remember - always head to the left. Normal flow of people is to the right - but when you enter the park if you go left you will miss alot of the crowds - works everytime.

. The only way to do it now is to pay around $35 per person to be able to skip all the lines. The only drawback is that if they scan your card you can only skip the line once on that particular attraction.

If you arent a guest there you will have to pay the $35 dollars.

Lovescruisin, where are you quoting the $35 per person rate to be able to skip the lines? Their website clearly says it's $15 plus the price of an admission. Did I miss something? :confused:

http://www.universalorlando.com/tic_express.html

Archived