Luggage Restrictions?

I have read before on previous threads its bewteen 34-36 kilos per bag.

But other people have taken more and all that happend is that it had a sticker saying it was overweight and that was to let staff not to be carfull when lifting and lift with 2 people as it OH&S.

But nothings wrong with taking lots of bags if you are still worried you could try washin on board as if its a long cruise.

According to the brochure,

"We recommend no more than 2 bags per person. Each bag can be no larger than 140cm x 60cm x 40cm and can not weigh more than 32 kilos. It is important to remember that airlines have different restrictions".

So yes, 32 kilos is the limit.. I've never actually measured the cases but the suitcase they describe would be a big one.

Hi everyone, thanks for your responses.

We live in Sydney and embark in Sydney, so there is no flying involved.

This is my first cruise, so no matter how hard I try to be minimal - its unlikely to happen.

So I can take more than one suitcase?? Geez that would be handy! LOL

We are in one of the suites - so I think there is plenty of room for our clothes etc.

Larissa

According to the brochure,

"We recommend no more than 2 bags per person. Each bag can be no larger than 140cm x 60cm x 40cm and can not weigh more than 32 kilos. It is important to remember that airlines have different restrictions".

So yes, 32 kilos is the limit.. I've never actually measured the cases but the suitcase they describe would be a big one.

Thanks for that Riffraff....but does that 2nd bag include ...say your carry on bag ?

The suggested limit of two bags per person is for checked-in luggage. I think a couple would be better having three bags each weighing around 20 - 23kgs rather than two of 32kg. Very heavy bags make hard work for the crew and they work hard enough already. Very heavy bags are more likely to be damaged.

We always carry a bag each with camera gear and valuables + any necessary medications in case the main bags go astray.

Evon.

The suggested limit of two bags per person is for checked-in luggage. I think a couple would be better having three bags each weighing around 20 - 23kgs rather than two of 32kg. Very heavy bags make hard work for the crew and they work hard enough already. Very heavy bags are more likely to be damaged.

We always carry a bag each with camera gear and valuables + any necessary medications in case the main bags go astray.

Evon.

one ? are you flying ?

i would your luggage to 32 kgs each piece, but we take as much as we like, but you have remember that you have have to store the luggage in your cabin.

Thanks for your help everyone.

Two cases will be more than enough for me - I'm just glad that I didn't have to shove it all into just one case. Plus I will have a carry on bag too.

I'm so excited now.....can't wait !! Only 11 weeks to go now. First cruise ever, hope I don't become addicted - the suspense is killing me!

Better get packing!!

Thanks for your help everyone.

Two cases will be more than enough for me - I'm just glad that I didn't have to shove it all into just one case. Plus I will have a carry on bag too.

I'm so excited now.....can't wait !! Only 11 weeks to go now. First cruise ever, hope I don't become addicted - the suspense is killing me!

Better get packing!!

glad we all could help you

Archived