Hi From The Sky

rockie

Well, it is all going to plan, eating, drinking, blobbling out.:D :D :D There is a swell on the sea today but it isn't rough. Thought I would report in while I can though the internet here isn't very fast and my dollars run out very quickly. There seem to have been some changes onboard as far as the dining goes. Haven't checked it out properly though. It seems as though Breakfast and Lunch are no longer buffet. That is a shame but will find out more later today. Still, I am so pleased to be onboard anyway.

Hi Fab Four, I was on the Sky in October - fabulous ship. Food was great, entertainment great, and the crew were excellent. Where is your trip going? We had a great cruise director but he is not on that ship anymore so I am not sure who is on it now.

LHM

Hi rockie, glad you found time to check in with us in dreay sydney!!

I cannot believe they have done away with buffet breakfast etc. i thought that would be easiest for the ship to run.

Maybe you haven't found the buffet restaurant yet!!:) :)

There is usually only one reason for the removal of buffets and that is Norwalk virus though I haven't heard of any bad cases recently.

It is possible that they have been removed because there was a major loss of dining room capacity when they were converted to buffet (8 tables in each dining room I think it was) and sometimes the queues for breakfast were quite long. I assume the lunch buffet at the Outback Grill on Promenade continues.

They do still have the buffet breakfast and lunch on the Promanade deck, but I ate in the restraunt. Got used to it. Had one lunch buffet on the deck but the food is much nicer in the restraraunts. It sort of sits about for a wee while in the hot sun and there is nowhere to sit out there. The breeky takes a bit longer in the dining room but hey what have we got to rush off to.

Archived