Radiance - Vancouver sailaway under Lion's Gate Bridge video & pics Aug 12, 2016

Hoopster95

Hi everyone,

I took video & pics of Radiance at Canada Place and sailing out under the Lion's Gate Bridge, but being only 5 days before I was due to fly out myself (Adventure cruise) and working long hours, I just did not have the time to post these videos & pics. I thought I'd better get these up before the Alaska/summer season ends... those of you on the upcoming Hawaii sailing can see how you will look in a week from now!!

I really hope someone from that sailing sees the video and maybe can see themselves up on top deck as I zoom in onto the top decks in the 2nd video.

I'll post some captures as well so they'll be easier to see.

Enjoy! :D

[YOUTUBE]9cFAGiSi9JQ[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]fkzmjkFBrn0[/YOUTUBE]

I know there's always questions about balcony sizes, the lifeboat cover, the elevator glass and the cabins immediately beside with the extended balconies, etc etc, so I took these close ups from Canada Place at various angles in case anyone needs to save pic and zoom in to study a cabin that you may want to book. (You can see these were taken at muster approx 4pm Fri, Aug 12)

DSC08574_zpstixr777i.jpg

DSC08576_zps574hwasi.jpg

DSC08577_zpsyafuo0ui.jpg

Here's a couple of specific photos of the larger balconies adjacent to the the elevators.

DSC08578_zpssmrlqk67.jpg

DSC08580_zps63b7edic.jpg

DSC08581_zpsmbxa3mvk.jpg

Here's a zoomed shot through the cables of the Lion's Gate Bridge of Radiance as she turned away from Canada Place and into the channel from afar

DSC08595_zpsfpjzvjmq.jpg

And here she is having just gone under the bridge. The bridge is listed at 200' mid-span, Radiance is listed as 178' in height... so approx 20' clearance depending on the tides.

DSC08606_zpsmzlufh0m.jpg

Some close-ups top deck and aft... were you on this cruise? Can you see yourself?!?

DSC08611_zps4bxsj4mg.jpg

DSC08612_zpsxpdnhb4g.jpg

DSC08613_zpszdxsfeul.jpg

I hope some of you will have the pleasure of sailing out of or into Vancouver someday. Simply beautiful and on par with other top ports in the world to sail in to or out of.

DSC08614_zpsgyn0cfmh.jpg

Outstanding photos. Great shot of the obstruction caused by the washing equipment on the aft end of the side facing balconies.

Thx Bob. Yep, both sides of the ship have the washing equipment.

It was on Radiance to Hawaii last year where I heard of someone having a complaint in one of these aft balconies, and they were 1 over from the actual balcony with the obstruction!... so I guess I can imagine the weekly complaints Guest Services get from cruisers who do not know, book these cabins for an amazing vacation to Alaska or wherever with views of whales/icebergs/etc, and when they open their sliders.... BAM! :(

Interesting... just pulled up Radiance on the RCL website.

Looks to me like the washing equip is photo-shopped out!! :eek:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/class/ship/home.do?shipClassCode=RD&shipCode=RD&br=R

We were on her on Aug 12th (can't see us at sail away-were on the other side further down). Vancouver was amazing-had 1.5 days there pre-cruise and can't wait to go back for more. Going under Lions Gate was awesome-yes, not too much clearance ;) We had a regular balcony on 8 and even though it was small we were able to have 3 of us out there comfortably. Great ship!

Edited by newbiecruiser09

Wish it had more clearance for Explorer Class or bigger ships. RCL seems to high but others can come under it.

That was a good weather day!!! Great photos, we walk down often to see the ships in port and get our summer time cruise ship fix.:D

• 2 weeks later...
Wish it had more clearance for Explorer Class or bigger ships. RCL seems to high but others can come under it.

That was a good weather day!!! Great photos, we walk down often to see the ships in port and get our summer time cruise ship fix.:D

Hey CVU. Long time no talk... just noticed you replied on this thread but I missed it. If interested, here's pics and video of the largest cruise ship so far to fit under the Lion's Gate :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2400893

• 1 month later...