Question special dinner on board

amd1234

We leave on Wed SS Antiontette Castles on the Rhine. I have read somewhere on the forum that there are special:) Chef dinners on board! I think you sign up when you board. Has anyone attended these dinners?

They offered this option twice while we were on board. You dine upstairs, in the Orangerie and it's a small group. The Orangarie is the room where they serve a light lunch on embarkation day (so you can place it when you see it).

They will make the announcement the evening beforehand, and you sign up at that time. Unless they have changed, you don't sign up immediately upon boarding. They make the menus available the night before so you can decide whether it appeals to you before signing up, and I am almost certain that it's a fixed menu (minimal to no choice).

We did not attend, but we did study the menus when they announced the dinners. They looked very nice but we were perfectly happy with the MDR choices, so we didn't feel a need to go. People who we spoke to, who had gone, enjoyed the meal. Hopefully someone else can give first hand experience.

Have a great time! Getting very close now... :)

Jp, Chris, thanks for your reply. We loved your review and beautiful pictures. ;)awesome! Last July we booked this cruise and it has kept me really busy viewing the forum each day. I know we will love it..