scuba montego bay or grand caymen?

Sail n Snow

this question has been asked before, and the answer almost always is Grand Cayman. if you are only diving one spot.

Proud members of O.A.T.C.

Inspiration Sept,2001

Celebration Jan,2002

Celebration Oct.2002

Conquest Sept, 2003

Elation Feb. 2004

am369.gif

from the Alligator capitol of Texas- we dance to the Raggae beat!!!

diver_e0.gif

No contest here! Definitely Grand Cayman!

Jamaica is a beautiful island with warm, friendly people (once you get away from the vendors) and mediocre to okay diving. GC is an arid island with terrific people and fabulous diving. Hmm, which one to go sightseeing on and which to dive? icon_wink.gif

<font face="Imprint MT Shadow" size="5" color="#FFCC00">Amber</font>

<font size="4" face="Berlin Sans FB">Cruise Resource

BiddingFun and BiddingHELP</font>

"Ya got to be joken' me mon", he says in his best caribbean accent.

Grand CayMAN has the the much better diving by FAR. Jamaica is a very poor country. They need all the fish they can catch to survive. In comparison, the Cayman Islands are an extremely wealthy country. They are also understand that the tourist dollar is very important and that scuba diving bring lots of money to the islands. They has extensive marine reserves where fishing is forbidden. It is easy to see that they care for their surrounding marine environment. And I have the photos to show too.

<font color="FF6600">

if there's a way to construe my post as non-argumentative, please do so.</font>

Cruise photos on my Home page <font color="990066">

Spring Break was on the Grand Princess </font>21, March 2004

So when is the next cruise?

Shore diving on Grand Cayman can be really good, but it is more work than a boat dive. I prefer the boat dives myself.

I went with neptunesdivers.com They are cruiser friendly, 8 person max on the boat and nice people. You can follow the guide or you and your buddy can do your own dive. They will let you dive your computer too. Take your own snacks/drinks for the surface interval as they only provided water for us.

<font color="FF6600">

if there's a way to construe my post as non-argumentative, please do so.</font>

Cruise photos on my Home page <font color="990066">

Spring Break was on the Grand Princess </font>21, March 2004

So when is the next cruise?

• 2 months later...

quick question...and first off thanks for those incredible pictures of dives in GC and Cozumel...better half dives..I dont..can I go along as a spectator do you think...or do I have to lounge on the beach? For sure I am going to talk him into renting a underwater camera...I am thinking a disposable from Walmart is NOT going to cut it..hahaha....thanks again :-)

quick question...and first off thanks for those incredible pictures of dives in GC and Cozumel...better half dives..I dont..can I go along as a spectator do you think...or do I have to lounge on the beach? For sure I am going to talk him into renting a underwater camera...I am thinking a disposable from Walmart is NOT going to cut it..hahaha....thanks again :-)

If you can go along with DH as a passenger will depend on which operator he goes with and if they have room. Contact them directly once he has made a choice. Be prepared to pay to go on the boat, but much less that a diver would normally pay.

Archived