Buying wine in FLL on Sunday morning??

curlimommy

We are trying to decide on airfare and are contemplating a late arrival into FLL Saturday night for a Sunday cruise. We would like to buy some wine before we board the cruise on Sunday and I wasn't sure if there were any options to buy wine on a Sunday morning. Any tips anyone?

I would be interested in this, too. I know that there is a Total Wine in Ft. Lauderdale, but I don't believe they open until noon...and we hope to be at the terminal by that time.

I would be interested in this, too. I know that there is a Total Wine in Ft. Lauderdale, but I don't believe they open until noon...and we hope to be at the terminal by that time.

I think you're right... can 't buy it 'til noon. We headed to the ship around 11, so we did without much wine that time. We brought one with us.

Ok, I think it may be a good idea to carry wine from Chicago to FLL given the timing for buying wine. Even if our flight gets in aroudn 9pm Saturday night that doesn't give us much time to get to hotel, check in and get to a liquor store before they close at 11pm in FLL. I certainly don't want to board late on Sunday just to wait to buy wine at noon.

I'm a bit nervous about packing glass bottles for the Chicago to FLL leg. What are you thinking of doing? I guess we could do boxed wine? Or wine cubes? Not the best quality though...

Hmmm...

We have a wine store here in town. They carry boxes with styrofoam for bottles....1, 2, 3, 6, etc. per box. We may figure out how many we want to bring, buy the box that will fit what we bring and just check it as an additonal bag. Well worth the $30 extra bag fee for us to bring what we like. Check with your local wine dealer...I bet they have the same thing.

Archived