beach hotels near Port Canaveral

bellebud

Looking for a beachfront hotel near Port Canaveral for a few days before our cruise. 2 other families will be joining us for those 2 or 3 days, 1 of the families hoping to get a pet friendly place. All together we'll have 7 kids and 6 adults. Just looking for an easy place w/ food/pool/beach (don't want to have to travel from the hotel if we don't want to).

We'd like to be able to taxi to the Port instead of renting a car.

tia for any suggestions :)

Looking for a beachfront hotel near Port Canaveral for a few days before our cruise. 2 other families will be joining us for those 2 or 3 days, 1 of the families hoping to get a pet friendly place. All together we'll have 7 kids and 6 adults. Just looking for an easy place w/ food/pool/beach (don't want to have to travel from the hotel if we don't want to).

We'd like to be able to taxi to the Port instead of renting a car.

tia for any suggestions :)

Fortunately, there are many options to choose from although I am unsure about pet-friendly. Dogs are not allowed on the beaches yet many of the hotels are actually pet-friendly so you should be fine at most.

First, please look at this map for hotel locations: https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?mid=zH-7o_mJABR0.kguiZnGCjDj0

Closest to Port and next to the beach: Holiday Inn Club (no membership needed and one of my favorites).

Further down are the hotels near Cocoa Beach Pier. La Quinta is on the beach and also a block of rooms from the Best Western. Days Inn is 2 blocks away and Holiday Inn Express a bit further away and on the wrong side of A1A but still a very easy walk.

A bit further south are the hotels near central Cocoa Beach. The Inn is closest to the beach then 4 points, Comfort Inn, Motel 6 and Wakulla are all just a block or two from the beach. Then you have the Courtyard and Hampton Inn, both just a block away.

Further down, the Doubletree and Hilton are beachfront.

Distance from the Port is not an issue to be concerned about! All these hotels are minutes (between 5 and 25 minutes) by shuttle or taxi from the cruise ships piers!

Edited by SteerageJoe

Fortunately, there are many options to choose from although I am unsure about pet-friendly. Dogs are not allowed on the beaches yet many of the hotels are actually pet-friendly so you should be fine at most.

First, please look at this map for hotel locations: https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?mid=zH-7o_mJABR0.kguiZnGCjDj0

Closest to Port and next to the beach: Holiday Inn Club (no membership needed and one of my favorites).

Further down are the hotels near Cocoa Beach Pier. La Quinta is on the beach and also a block of rooms from the Best Western. Days Inn is 2 blocks away and Holiday Inn Express a bit further away and on the wrong side of A1A but still a very easy walk.

A bit further south are the hotels near central Cocoa Beach. The Inn is closest to the beach then 4 points, Comfort Inn, Motel 6 and Wakulla are all just a block or two from the beach. Then you have the Courtyard and Hampton Inn, both just a block away.

Further down, the Doubletree and Hilton are beachfront.

Distance from the Port is not an issue to be concerned about! All these hotels are minutes (between 5 and 25 minutes) by shuttle or taxi from the cruise ships piers!

I thought I added the beach/pool recommendations but here goes:

Because you have kids, for best Pool/Beach combination, I like the Holiday Inn Club, La Quinta Oceanfront, Hilton, Doubletree, Hampton Inn, Comfort Inn Cocoa Beach (more or less in this order).

Edited by SteerageJoe

Has anyone stayed at this property recently? Considering a one night pre-cruise stay. Looking for a place with a quiet pool and close enough to a nice part of Cocoa Beach proper that allows for a walk to the pier and restaurants. I know it is close to the beach.

Also, any idea if there is a hotel shuttle, free or otherwise, to Port Canaveral?

We stayed at the LaQuinta Ocean side a couple years ago. You can't ask for a place closer to the ocean. We had an Ocean side room with a nice balcony. You are only about half a block from the pier. There were a couple restaurants at the pier. It isn't a real fancy place, but it was clean and the staff was very nice. They also had a decent breakfast included each morning. I would stay there again.

Claudia

Has anyone stayed at this property recently? Considering a one night pre-cruise stay. Looking for a place with a quiet pool and close enough to a nice part of Cocoa Beach proper that allows for a walk to the pier and restaurants. I know it is close to the beach.

Also, any idea if there is a hotel shuttle, free or otherwise, to Port Canaveral?

Hampton Inn uses the well-known Travelynx for their shuttles so no problems on that front.

It is a good distance from the Pier however - just under 1.5 miles along the beach. The closest restaurant is about 0.3 miles away (Brano's - very good), so you have to weigh the "quiet" location versus a busier area closer to the pier. etc.

We stayed at the LaQuinta Ocean side a couple years ago. You can't ask for a place closer to the ocean. We had an Ocean side room with a nice balcony. You are only about half a block from the pier. There were a couple restaurants at the pier. It isn't a real fancy place, but it was clean and the staff was very nice. They also had a decent breakfast included each morning. I would stay there again.

Claudia

How is the pool at LaQuinta? Our daughter is 3 and is not a fan of the ocean. Thanks!

Hampton Inn uses the well-known Travelynx for their shuttles so no problems on that front.

It is a good distance from the Pier however - just under 1.5 miles along the beach. The closest restaurant is about 0.3 miles away (Brano's - very good), so you have to weigh the "quiet" location versus a busier area closer to the pier. etc.

Thanks. What is the area of Cocoa Beach like near the Hampton and between Hampton and the pier (eg Safe)? And thanks for the restaurant tip!

How is the pool at LaQuinta? Our daughter is 3 and is not a fan of the ocean. Thanks!

La Quinta Beachfront has a very nice (though small) pool with a little bar and seats on the side. It gets plenty of sun until sunset! See pic below!

I did not see a playpool for toddlers. The pool is about 3 feet deep at the steps where your daughter can plash around while you assist her. It gets deep to 5 feet rather fast.

We love the location of La Quinta Beachfront!

LaquintaBeach.jpg

Edited by SteerageJoe

Thanks. What is the area of Cocoa Beach like near the Hampton and between Hampton and the pier (eg Safe)? And thanks for the restaurant tip!

The walk along the beach from the Hampton Inn will take about 40 minutes (rough guess for a slower pace) from the Hampton lobby to the Beach and on to the Boardwalk at the pier. During low tide the sand is flat and hard making for easy walking but when the tide is in you have to walk on soft sand and at the beach angle! This can be tough on the knees.

After dark that stretch can be lonely because the buildings are set back behind the dunes. Not unsafe per say, but somewhat isolated and you may see the occasional rough looking types who sleep there until caught.

Here is the view at low tide towards the Pier from the Hampton Inn beach. Hampton is the blue building left.

HamptonInn-Pier.jpg

Edited by SteerageJoe