Waverunners on Coco Cay???

nicjoel0114

• 4 weeks later...

They have 1 hour guided tours on the waverunners with approx. 10 per group going out. THey order you from fastest to slowest with a guide in front and one in the rear. You can't go off and explore on your own -- You have to stay with the guided tour of the out islands.

All that said -- this excursion was the most fun I ever had on any cruise ever.

• 2 weeks later...

I would book in advance as they fill up fast.

I think water being cold depends on what you are used to. I swim in the Atlantic off of Maryland/Delaware as early as May so the water there is really really warm to me.

I would book in advance as they fill up fast.

I think water being cold depends on what you are used to. I swim in the Atlantic off of Maryland/Delaware as early as May so the water there is really really warm to me.

• 5 weeks later...

To answer some of the questions....

Yes a Waverunner and Jet Ski are kinda the same.....Well I think so. Waverunner is kinda like a snowmobile but for water. Dont you stand up on a Jet Ski?

Sure a lady in her 50's can do it...its fun. You will have a blast. Just pay attention at the orientation on how to steer, stop, turn etc. Valuable info if youve never ridden one before.

Two people can go, but the weight limit for the machine is 375 lbs. Plus if you have two " Chunky " people on it, you may not go as fast. My DW and I are chunky and we take out own machines so we can fly with it.

Again - This is a guided tour, or follow the leader per se'. They keep you spaced like 100 - 200 ft apart so you wont run into someone else. Be sure to pay attention at the orientation on how to steer, stop, turn...etc as this is very important info if youve never ridden one. I recommend this to anyone to have fun. I am going to Coco Cay in April and we reserved the 8 am tour so we have the rest of the day to enjoy snorkeling.

Have fun...Go for it Scrapeycruiser..!!:)

My DS and I rented waverunners in Costa Maya a couple of years ago and had a blast. I think it was a new offering as I had read nothing on the boards about waverunners being available. I'm not sure what there procedure is now, but then they let us ride wherever we wanted. The water was kind of rough that day which meant you could go airborn when riding against the waves.:D

I think just about anybody could handle a waverunner as they are pretty stable in the water. You would have to really work at it to fall off.:)

Archived