Princess One Day Positioning Cruise.

hondo1717

Hey Fellow Princess Cruisers,

My wife and I are traveling from Vancouver to Seattle on a one day cruise in April 2018. Immediately after we are going on the seven (7) cruise to do the inside passage . My questions are:

• Do we have to take the luggage off the ship? Just to get back on?
  • Anyone aware of excursions you can do in Seattle with Princess, then back to the ship for the cruise.
  • Anyone have an idea how this actually works.

Thank you very much in advance.

You do not have to take your luggage off the ship. If you are in the same cabin, you just leave it there. If you are changing cabins, then you need to empty the drawers into your suitcase and take the contents of the safe - the steward will take the hanging clothes and your suitcases to the new cabin. Talk with your cabin steward about the details.

You should receive instructions about how to handle the B2B in Seattle. If you don't, then ask at Passenger Services. If you don't want to go into Seattle, you will meet in a specified place with the other in-transit passengers and go off and through immigration together - then back on to the ship as the first ones returning.

If you want to leave the ship, then you will leave with the other passengers and return anytime after they start boarding.

You should receive your cruise card the night before. With the one-day cruise, they will be hurried - so ask at Passenger Services if you do not have specific B2B instructions and your cruise card waiting in your cabin.

In my experience, there have not been excursions offered with the one day repositioning cruises. However, Seattle is very easy to do on your own. Pier 91 (where Princess docks) is not within walking distance of any major attractions. I would grab a cab or call uber/lyft from the pier to Seattle Center. (Space Needle) Take a look around there in the morning, then jump on public transit (bus/train/monorail) down close to the waterfront and have lunch and spend some time there. At the waterfront, you can visit the Aquarium, Big Wheel and Wings Over Washington. Then take taxi/uber/lyft back to the ship.