flight ? ~ Southwest Airlines

MK2

DH and I are flying SWA to Tampa. We will be at sea on Sunday which is 24 hours before our flight. But since we are flying "cattle call"....we have to check in or we wont get to sit together!!

If we ask a family member to check us in on Sunday, we wont have our printed boarding passes.

How do you usually handle this?

DH and I are flying SWA to Tampa. We will be at sea on Sunday which is 24 hours before our flight. But since we are flying "cattle call"....we have to check in or we wont get to sit together!!

If we ask a family member to check us in on Sunday, we wont have our printed boarding passes.

How do you usually handle this?

You cannot have someone else check in for you. Security precautions. You could always go to the internet cafe on board ship, the day before, to print your boarding passes

If you give someone your confirmation number, someone back home can check you in online. When you arrive at the airport you go to the kiosk to re-print your boarding pass and check in your luggage. By doing it this way (if someone does it early enough) then you should get boarding Group A.

You cannot have someone else check in for you. Security precautions. You could always go to the internet cafe on board ship, the day before, to print your boarding passes

Yes, someone else can check you in online if they have your confirmation #.... but you will have to print the boarding pass at the airport....

If you give someone your confirmation number, someone back home can check you in online. When you arrive at the airport you go to the kiosk to re-print your boarding pass and check in your luggage. By doing it this way (if someone does it early enough) then you should get boarding Group A.

I check my husband in all the time. He just gives me confirmation number and I check him in, then when he gets to the airport, he just has the agent re-print his boarding pass. It's that easy!!

Remember too that now SouthWest has a new check in system that they are implamenting at various airports that when you secure your boarding pass that you get a number along with the letter for example A2, A3 etc for order of boarding

Robb

I fly SW once or twice a month for work and I am really looking forward to this!:D

This is exactly what we do. This time, SO's mom will have our confirmation numbers so she can check us in 24 hours in advance of our flight home. When you get to the airport, just reprint the boarding pass while you check your luggage. We've done it a couple times with no problems.

We just returned from a cruise on the Liberty. After clearing customs the sea cap asked if we wanted to check our luggage through so we would not have to mess with it until our final destination.

There is a desk set up at the far end of the cruise terminal at Port Everglades that will take your luggage, issue baggage claims, check you luggage, and print your boarding passes. The charge was only $10.00 P/P and no tipping was allowed.

This was a wonderful, no hassle adventure. After setting our luggage out the night before, the next time we touched the bags was at our final destination. Once at the Ft. Lauderdale airport, zipped through security, a bite to eat, and straight to the gate.

You obviously don't fly much do you? :)

Anyone can check anyone in with a knowledge of the flight number and confirmation number.

Its getting past the TSA checkpoint that is the key to everything.Boarding pass and ID must match here.

I never thought of having someone at home checking us in and printing the boarding passes at the airport. This will make HAVING to go home a little easier. I just love this site everyone is always so willing to give good advise and help. Thanks CC friends!!

We just returned from a cruise on the Liberty. After clearing customs the sea cap asked if we wanted to check our luggage through so we would not have to mess with it until our final destination.

There is a desk set up at the far end of the cruise terminal at Port Everglades that will take your luggage, issue baggage claims, check you luggage, and print your boarding passes. The charge was only $10.00 P/P and no tipping was allowed.

This was a wonderful, no hassle adventure. After setting our luggage out the night before, the next time we touched the bags was at our final destination. Once at the Ft. Lauderdale airport, zipped through security, a bite to eat, and straight to the gate.

I need some clarification about this please. If you set your luggage out the night before, then why would you need to go to the desk set up at the far end of the terminal?

I'd just like to know how to check my bags through without hauling them off the ship. Is this possible? When/how do I pay the $10.00 p/p? Thanks.

I need some clarification about this please. If you set your luggage out the night before, then why would you need to go to the desk set up at the far end of the terminal?

I'd just like to know how to check my bags through without hauling them off the ship. Is this possible? When/how do I pay the $10.00 p/p? Thanks.

There is no service where you won't have to retrieve your bags and take them through customs. The way these services work you put your bags out the night before (or self disembark either way). In the morning after you disembark, you retrieve your bags, drag them past customs and drop them off. If you don't want to haul them yourselves, get a porter to help you. Then once you are past customs, you drop your bags off.

This is exactly what we do. This time, SO's mom will have our confirmation numbers so she can check us in 24 hours in advance of our flight home. When you get to the airport, just reprint the boarding pass while you check your luggage. We've done it a couple times with no problems.

ditto that...actually you can do it and NOT print out the passes....as long as you are checked in you are ok.....but giving someone at home your confirmation numbers would work....just print out the boarding passes at the kiosk in the airport.

Archived