CDG one hour connection enough time?

VirVic

1 hour may well be pushing it depending on several factors. When is this flight, what flight numbers, time of day. If you are connecting in the same terminal building, much better chance. Having to go from one end of T2 to the other, not so good. So provide more info and I'll give you more back.

AF0051 departs ORD at 5:35pm - arriving at CDG at 8:50am

connects at CDG on AF1426 - arriving at VCE at 9:50am

This flight is actually for next Sept. 2008; just doing advanced planning

Thank you FlyerTalker!

CP

This is a doable connection, and T2E and T2F are across from each other, with a tunnel between the two. However, I'd personally be taking the next flight at 12:35pm, rather than the 9:50am. Many flights at T2E use remote pads and buses, increasing the ground time. If you get a lineup at immigration, another delay. Ditto on security. And CDG is not the most user-friendly for signage and directions.

If you take the later flight, you'll have time for a relaxing meal and an easy connection. Time to stretch your legs and relax. If you'd want, a dayroom at the airport hotel for a shower, change and nap might be another alternative. If you are on the early flight, you arrive in VCE before noon -- who knows when your hotel room will be available.

Remember, airline websites tend to put you onto the shortest possible connection when you just choose complete trips or ask for the cheapest flights. Look into selecting individual flight segments and see what that produces.

We have those flights this November. Plus, my husband due to hip replacements has to get wanded and patted at security - so I am a little nervous. So I'll let you know how it goes. I'm not that worried as there are 4 other flights to Venice that day plus we are arriving 2 days early.

I was actually thinking about having our TA request a wheelchair for him to help him manuever the airport as he doesn't walk that quickly.

Archived