Cuc

klangel

Will be on Empress of the Seas with an overnight in Havana Cuba. I believe that we are booked with Blexie because he replied back with the guide name as Jorge. Blexie didn’t mention the time of our tour and when I wrote back to him I didn’t get an reply. I read the service is poor but I already waited at least a month with no reply from Blexie. Has anyone had to wait this long for a reply? Has anyone had Jorge as a guide and what did you think of him.?

Part of the tour is walking and then a ride in a vintage car. I’m not sure where or what the walking tour takes us. Have anyone done the Free Walking Tour ? I was thinking about arranging the Free Walking Tour on our second day. My question is has anyone done both the walking tour with Jorge and done the Free Walking Tour ? Do both the walking tours takes you to same sights?

Euro and Canadian dollar are best to use to purchase CUC. What about British Pounds?

We will be arriving in Havana on Saturday and sail away on Sunday at 2 pm. Are stores/attractions open on the weekend. What time does things open up on Sunday? Any recommendations for a nice place to have dinner that’s not far from the pier. Is there a hop on hop off bus? What is the cost and where do you catch the bus?

Edited by klangel
had more questions

I will answer a few: This site has 3 free walking tours with downloadable maps and detailed descriptions of everything you will come across: https://www.recorridosporlahabana.com/

If you search through the website it will actually answer most of your questions except about Blexie.

Opening times and a host of other information you want is found here: http://www.lahabana.com/guide/ - it includes top nearby restaurant details. For something completely different, try to book a balcony seat here before sunset: https://www.havanainsider.com/nazdarovie-best-russian-restaurant/ - it is a beautiful liesurely 20 minute walk there all along the Malecon from the cruise terminal, so impossible to get lost!

Edited by rederob
Mr Mgooisms

Here is Blexie’s standard itinerary and a copy of the email we received.Tour begins at 10:00 am and you’ll be dropped off at the port at 4:00 pm.

The cost of the tour is 130 CUC total (not per person).It includes transportation in a classic car (with AC) and tour guide service .It is recommended to take extra money for lunch and also in case you want to buy rum, coffee, cigars, handcrafts etc.

The tour would last for 6 hours , normally starting at 10am and finishing at 4pm.

Since you are traveling under certain restrictions, you will have to use "supporting the Cuban people " as you will be hiring an independent company to support Cuban private entrepreneurs.You can also get a copy of the itinerary from Facebook:"Blexie-Havana Tours" if you want to show it when you go through customs).

I'm booked already on that day so I would have to arrange everything for you to go with my colleague Isbel (Bill).He speaks perfect English and is very knowledgeable.He would meet you just outside of the terminal where the crosswalk is.You would only need to walk outside and cross the street to meet him.He would be holding a sign with your name on.

If there is something else you need to know about the tour just ask. It will be my pleasure giving you all the information you need.

bc9aad629a232a33143adff9b4d5d69d.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums