VA stern vs. ss cabin on noordam

honeyclair

we a planning a 10 day southern caribbean voyage in dec. on the noordam. i have only been on hal once and that was years ago. i have a few questions that i hope someone can answer:

1. is there any shade at all on the 4th deck stern cabins verandahs. we can get 4181 which is a VA

2. i know that stern VA verandahs are bigger than the usual VA verandahs but are they bigger than an ss cabin verandah

3. are any of the ss/sy verandahs at least partially covered

4. any thoughts are which side of the ship would be best for this itinerary

thanks in advance:)

we a planning a 10 day southern caribbean voyage in dec. on the noordam. i have only been on hal once and that was years ago. i have a few questions that i hope someone can answer:

1. is there any shade at all on the 4th deck stern cabins verandahs. we can get 4181 which is a VA

2. i know that stern VA verandahs are bigger than the usual VA verandahs but are they bigger than an ss cabin verandah

3. are any of the ss/sy verandahs at least partially covered

4. any thoughts are which side of the ship would be best for this itinerary

thanks in advance:)

All aft staterooms on Noordam are somewhat covered.

All SS/SY's are 1 1/2 times larger than V(x)'s and are completely covered.

There's no preferable side for Caribbean itineraries.

All aft staterooms on Noordam are somewhat covered.

All SS/SY's are 1 1/2 times larger than V(x)'s and are completely covered.

There's no preferable side for Caribbean itineraries.

Are you saying they get no sun at all?

We will be in SY6068 and although we do not lie out in the sun, I would like to get a little bit of sun.

We had VA 5186 on the Noordam. It had partial sun and partial shade and the veranda was bigger than the side VA.

thanks for the information re: the sun/shade issue. since we will be in the so. caribbean i would like some shade.

another question - what type of furniture did you have on the verandah. we like to sit and read with our feet up and plan on eating several meals out there too.

If I remember correctly, there was a rattan chair with an ottoman, another chair, and a small table. At least, that's what I think. We did have breakfast out there everyday. Maybe someone can post a picture for you.

Here are a couple of VA verandah shots from the Westerdam (sister ship to Noordam). Would expect the verandah's to be the same on both ships. I found the verandah quite roomy compared to NCL's Wind and Dream. Can't speak for any other ships. Hope this helps.

IMG_1564.jpg.c68542bac3fab70bb9115106c7732687.jpg

IMG_1565.jpg.4d1beafac02466de5558d753318ca2be.jpg

Are you saying they get no sun at all?

We will be in SY6068 and although we do not lie out in the sun, I would like to get a little bit of sun.

It depends on the position of the sun in the sky, but in general you won't do much sunning on your SY verandah.

SS/SY's come with a cafe table, two cafe armchairs, two lounge chairs w/ a side table and ottoman.

i'd like to thank you for all your answers.

i do have a couple of follow up questions -

so there aren't loungers on the stern va?

the table is just a side table?

finally, i was able to pull up photos of stern va cabins but none were on deck 4. - on other cruise lines, the balconies are not all the same size even though they are the same category depending on the deck....so, are all the va stern balconies the same size on the noordam regardless of which deck as long as they are stern?

anyone have pictures of an upper promenade (deck 4) va balcony?

thanks again:)

i'd like to thank you for all your answers.

i do have a couple of follow up questions -

so there aren't loungers on the stern va?

There's no room for one.

The table is just a side table?

Yes

are all the va stern balconies the same size on the noordam regardless of which deck as long as they are stern?

Pretty much.

Ship+Photo+NOORDAM.JPG

Ship+Photo+NOORDAM.jpg

Archived