Does cabin price include port fees

mjm1083

I was just wondering if the cabin prices on the ccl web site include port fees. I booked through a TA at a real good price but then the port fees and taxes were add. :confused: I don't see anywhere on ccls web site where they talk about port fees. Can someone please help with this question.

Thanks.....

On the Carnival site, after you click on the cruise date, passengers and cabin type you want, on the right side of the screen, you will see the price including all fees & port charges.

The reason so many people think they are getting a better price thru some TA's & online travel sites, is because don't include the fee in the pricing until the booking process.

Thanks for the replys, I think I would have done better booking with CCL,:( Well, whats done is done, I will know better next cruise I take. :) I will stll have a great time, Live and Learn.

I think its very deceptive, that a few TAs take out the port fees, which are part of the cruise fare, when they give you a quote, and arent totally upfront. I woud avoid any TA in the future that gives you a quote without port fees.

Carnival only adds on a small amount of taxes and fees (as do all the cruiselines), port charges are included in the cruise fare amount. Dont use that TA again.

I think its very deceptive, that a few TAs take out the port fees, which are part of the cruise fare, when they give you a quote, and arent totally upfront. I woud avoid any TA in the future that gives you a quote without port fees.

Carnival only adds on a small amount of taxes and fees (as do all the cruiselines), port charges are included in the cruise fare amount. Dont use that TA again.

Not including the port fees -or- breaking those fee's out seperately (Some TA's do break it out seperately) is really where things can get questionable. When comparing booking with a TA or direct with the cruiseline... it's the BOTTOM LINE you need to be comparing ! And taxes and fee's are subject to being a "cruise only" package or an "Air/sea" package which would account for higher fee's than cruise only would.

If Carnial is showing a lower price your TA should be able to get it for you, but remember they don't show the taxes and port charges up front either.

Every cruise line lists their prices different

Every cruiseline now includes port charges in with the cruise fare. There was a class action suite back in the 1990s, which most here dont remember, that said adding on the port fees, which are a pretty large percentage of the cruisefare for lower category cabins, was deceptive advertising, the FL AG took it to court and won, and now ALL cruiselines all have to include port charges in the cruise fare.

TAs dont get paid on that portion of the cruisefare. Its also referred to as non commisionable portion of the fare, so some TAs break it out to their clients, I guess to show them the part they dont get commission on?

In my opinion, I think all cruiselines list the prices in the same manner, at least all I know of.

.... as travelntreats says you need to look at the bottom line, but it shouldnt be so hard.

Archived