Is there a brig for unruly customers?

marshhawk

If someone gets out of hand on a cruise, is there a brig in which to place the person? I'm not thinking of behaving badly, no chair hogging, or line cutting, just wondering what the Captains do when someone gets out of control?:eek:

'Keel-Hauling' would be my suggestion, but I guess that wouldn't be legal...!:rolleyes:;)

LOL, no they do that for line cutters. I guess the question came about when I read about drunk teenagers running amuck on a ship.

yes , when my DH and I sailed the Destiny, there was a group of guys (not younguns either) that were drunk and obnoxious and were harassing a lot of youg girls that were onboard for a Quincenera...well the second day they were all hauled to their cabins with security standing outside for the duration of the 7 day cruise....they were down from our stateroom and by the 3rd day they started getting loud and making a lot of trouble in the cabins. All of us could hear the commotion and it was kind of scary at times, but Carnival kept calling our cabin to see if we needed anything and to assure us that they were keeping things under control, which we were sure they were, on the 4th morning we were awoke by our room steward with a bottle of champagne courtesy of Carnival because of what we we going thru....DH told them that it really wasn't necessary (as I am kicking him trying to reach the bottle...LOL) but we found out all cabins in the vicinity of the "cabin brigs" were recieving the same thing...then we came in one night before the cruise ended and there was a letter from the purser or someone stating that Carnival wanted to provide us with a 25% off our next cruise. Our room steward told us that normally they would have all been put in the brig when they became so rowdy and obnoxious, BUT the brig was already full by our 1 st night out....LOL too funny...we would have never known so much was going on, because Carnival made sure of it I guess and made sure to keep all of us "normal fun passengers" safe and happy!!!!;)

Tootsie

yes , when my DH and I sailed the Destiny, there was a group of guys (not younguns either) that were drunk and obnoxious and were harassing a lot of youg girls that were onboard for a Quincenera...well the second day they were all hauled to their cabins with security standing outside for the duration of the 7 day cruise....they were down from our stateroom and by the 3rd day they started getting loud and making a lot of trouble in the cabins. All of us could hear the commotion and it was kind of scary at times, but Carnival kept calling our cabin to see if we needed anything and to assure us that they were keeping things under control, which we were sure they were, on the 4th morning we were awoke by our room steward with a bottle of champagne courtesy of Carnival because of what we we going thru....DH told them that it really wasn't necessary (as I am kicking him trying to reach the bottle...LOL) but we found out all cabins in the vicinity of the "cabin brigs" were recieving the same thing...then we came in one night before the cruise ended and there was a letter from the purser or someone stating that Carnival wanted to provide us with a 25% off our next cruise. Our room steward told us that normally they would have all been put in the brig when they became so rowdy and obnoxious, BUT the brig was already full by our 1 st night out....LOL too funny...we would have never known so much was going on, because Carnival made sure of it I guess and made sure to keep all of us "normal fun passengers" safe and happy!!!!;)

Tootsie

I am not doubting your story, but I do wonder why they did not put them off at the first available port. It is clear they knew the situation was not getting better.

If the brig fills up, put them off at the next port and have room for the next idiots.

Putting them off in the next port would be dumping them into the hands of another country which would make some kind of great TV show, but a nightmare of government logisitcs. I do think some people should know what will happen if they act like drunken monkeys, and it was very nice of Carnival to give you 25% off your next cruise. Did you use it and where did you go?

That definitely should be in the catalog! You still get room service. Thanks for the photo.

It's not actually a cruise ship brig. Just thought it was a good picture. It is from a Navy ship. I have seen pictures of cruise ship brigs and they looked a lot like this one.

If someone gets out of hand on a cruise, is there a brig in which to place the person? I'm not thinking of behaving badly, no chair hogging, or line cutting, just wondering what the Captains do when someone gets out of control?:eek:

There's a jail, and I would think you would have to do something pretty bizarre and stupid to get put in to the brig....like violence, rape, etc. Then you are let off at the next port and given to the proper authorities.

If the offense merits it, they are off!

What happens from there is their problem...they get to taste "foreign justice" Or they are held for US authorities (they should hope they are handed over to US authories).

These are some of the same goons that make the evening news followed immediately by their mommy telling the reporters what "good boys" they are!

It's not actually a cruise ship brig. Just thought it was a good picture. It is from a Navy ship. I have seen pictures of cruise ship brigs and they looked a lot like this one.

That looks like a picture of a holding cell/brig on a military base not a ship.

The ship based brigs tend to be a lot less spacious.

That looks like a picture of a holding cell/brig on a military base not a ship.

The ship based brigs tend to be a lot less spacious.

Took another look at the link, it is from Gitmo. A tropical paradise.:rolleyes:

22 years in the Navy and I have actually never seen the inside of a brig.

Archived