Has anyone stayed at Drury Inn in New Orleans?

Kitty34

I have a suite for $109 for our night before our cruise. I liked the fact that they had snacks/beverages in the evening and a breakfast in the am...all complimentary. My teenage sons love to eat!!

My SIL is telling me I can get something a LOT cheaper in the same area in April so now I'm 2nd guessing my decision.

I'm planning to stay there post-cruise in June. The hotel has been getting good reviews on tripadvisor.com. Keep looking at these boards.......I've asked somebody on the roll call board to post a review of the Drury Inn when they return (they will be on the Conquest 12/12). I picked the hotel because of the good reviews, price for a suite (helps to have 2 rooms with 2 teenage boys) and the free breakfast (again, 2 hungry teenagers......a family of four can spend quite a bit just on breakfast). I would say keep your reservation at the Drury while you see if something better comes up...and please let us know! If you like to use priceline, you'll probably get something cheaper. I'm not comfortable using it because I want to know exactly where I'm staying. I also like the fact that you can cancel up to the last minute, in most cases, when you book directly with the hotel.

CaliCroozer...you sound just like me!! I have two teenage boys who are very interested in eating. Thus my choice for this hotel, too!! We also will be staying in a suite.....a big plus for the teenagers!

Hopefully we find out what it's like from the person going soon. If not, I will post a review for you when we go! :)

PineCove.......can you tell us about the transportation at/near the Drury. It looks like the streetcar is close, but I also read there is a French Quarter bus that has a stop right at the corner? Any information about this would be helpful.

Kitty34.....I always try to stay at a place that has a free breakfast, if possible. I can't believe how much you can spend just on a basic breakfast! Last time we went out we laughed at how much the large milks cost compared to buying a gallon at the grocery store! Pre-cruise, we're trying Hampton Inn and Suites, which also had a good price and free breakfast, and looks close to the pier. Hard to find out information on that one too.

I love the one in NC when we ever went to visit my son there we always stayed there matter fact spent enough time there I have free nights coming. We spent our last Christmas there.

Nice indoor out door pool at most of them..Biggest breakfast I have ever had free! Not just one of those little ones, it has alot of hot items.

Rooms are kept very nice and on the bigger side then most.

I think you will love the place.:D

Pinecove...thanks for the positive comments.:)

Cali-Croozer.....can I ask how much you're paying for a room at Hampton? I like the fact they might even be closer to the ship. Also, do they serve a breakfast like Drury or just a continental?

SJ25....I like the sounds of a BIG breakfast because I've already told my sons that that will be all we eat 'til we're on the ship!!!:D

Kitty34......I can't get to my cruise folder right now.....small house/Christmas tree is in the way! But, I think I'm paying $98 (AAA rate) for a regular room, not suite. They have an expanded breakfast also........check their website for all the details. Some people have said you might be able to walk to the port from there, but others say no way. The Hampton has also received some good reviews at TripAdvisor.com.

We took the bus to the French Quarter.It was very easy and convenient.They are very helpful at the hotel and will tell you where to get the bus.Hope this helps.......

Thanx......is the bus on the same system as the streetcar (as far as getting an all day or 3 day pass)? Sorry about all the questions....you're the only one who seems to know the details.

Cali-Croozer, I just visited the Hampton Inn site and they're not quoting me a room for under $179 for the night we need!!! It's the one closest to the FQ. So I think I will definetly be staying at the Drury Inn. Doesn't sound like too bad of a walk. :)

Archived