Info. on Room #6143 on Summit?

sweetpea's travels

I booked room 6143 on the Summit for a Bermuda cruise and am wondering on the size of room/balcony and the overall experience of having an aft room. I've always stayed in the middle of a ship, so I'm taking a chance of a lot of motion, but the room and balcony are supposed to be larger than other CC1 rooms. The most important thing for me in a cruise is having a large balcony, but I can't afford having a royal suite. According to the deck plans, this balcony looks really good. Any info. would be appreciated.......

I booked room 6143 on the Summit for a Bermuda cruise and am wondering on the size of room/balcony and the overall experience of having an aft room. I've always stayed in the middle of a ship' date=' so I'm taking a chance of a lot of motion, but the room and balcony are supposed to be larger than other CC1 rooms. The most important thing for me in a cruise is having a large balcony, but I can't afford having a royal suite. According to the deck plans, this balcony looks really good. Any info. would be appreciated.......[/color']

I stayed in this room on the Constellation. We enjoyed the large balcony and watching the statue of liberty pass by as we sailed to the southern Caribbean. The only issue I had was salt spray and possibly upper deck spray wash getting the chaise lounges all sticky. We had to pull them in under the cover. The room itself is nice and quiet and about a foot wider than traditional cabins.

On all of the M class ships there are 2 "special" cabbins in this class. Here are my thoughts after haveing been in one on the Constilation. Summit would be the same as I understand it.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=868722&highlight=

Hope that is of some use.

Best,

Bruce

Thanks so much for a response. But my room is 6143, which is in the concierge class, not a suite. (I wish I had a suite!)

Thanks so much for a response. But my room is 6143' date=' which is in the concierge class, not a suite. (I wish I had a suite!)[/quote']

You are of course correct. I am sorry, I did not pay close enough attention to your original post.

Bottom line, not sure how you could have a bad cruise. Some are better than others but they are all good.

Enjoy!

Best,

Bruce

I booked room 6143 on the Summit for a Bermuda cruise and am wondering on the size of room/balcony and the overall experience of having an aft room. I've always stayed in the middle of a ship' date=' so I'm taking a chance of a lot of motion, but the room and balcony are supposed to be larger than other CC1 rooms. The most important thing for me in a cruise is having a large balcony, but I can't afford having a royal suite. According to the deck plans, this balcony looks really good. Any info. would be appreciated.......[/color']

Sweetpea -

Here are photos of 6143 on the Millennium. (Should be the same on Summit although your balcony will be completely covered) Note the extra foot at the end of the bed as well as the very large balcony. You should really enjoy this cabin. It is very quiet and we had no problem with motion even though it is aft. You will love the proximity to the dining room - one flight of stairs down! We have this same cabin booked for January on the Constellation. :D

Beth

1354156982_stateroom6143.jpg.b8bbbdf345c02ba27c42072e85a75374.jpg

46946940_Veranda6143.jpg.14b9a0bdd5a322d08ebaf989eb6acda0.jpg

The attached photo is cabin #6143 on the Infinity taken a few weeks ago. We were in cabin #6144 on the Millennium and we were docked alongside the Infinity in one port so we snapped a photo of our cabin on the sister ship. The small area on the left side is a hallway that crew members use to access the suite next door. The balcony is very deep and accommodates two loungers and two chairs.

When we boarded the ship, our cabin only had the two loungers. But a request to our cabin attendant solved that issue. Breakfast on the balcony was a great treat. Don't forget to order the granola parfaits :) and freshly squeezed orange juice.

DSCN0161.jpg.bce806759f4541552b1d7b0efc4ae4f6.jpg

As a followup, we didn't have any issues with motion on our cruise. Cabins 6143/6144 are very close to the aft staircase and elevators and it was easy to get anywhere on the ship. As stated by someone else, it was very convenient at dinner time. Since you are in a suite area, there isn't much traffic in the hallways.

Archived