Thanks to Vancouver friends.

mii

This next June I will be going on a cruise to Alaska and we have a stop in Vancouver. Even though I had been there before we wanted to do something different. After doing a search on this thread I found alot of things to do especially the Vancouver Trolley. It is just what we were looking for beacause I do want to see the Granville Market and other sites. I really do appreciate you people who live in Vancouver to tell us what we can see in such a short time. Thank you so muuch.

Marilyn

• 1 month later...

Hi Marilyn,

I'm not from Vancouver, but I will also be up there for one day in June prior to our cruise. I've also decided on the Trolley, because I think it gives a nice overview and we can get on and off as we please. I also want to see Granville Market (although my 15-year-old son may have other ideas :) ). We'll really only have an afternoon & evening in the city, so the trolley seems like the best bet.

We may also check out Robson Street for dinner, and may get off the trolley at Stanley Park (aquarium) and a few other places noted on these threads.

I hope you have a great trip!

Laurie

I am not from Vancouver either but I spent three days there prior to my cruise to alaska last may and one day there on our return. We did the trolley and we found it to be very useful. On our first day we got on the trolley kind of late in the day and so we just took it around the city to figure out where we wanted to stop the next day. (They had a deal where if you paid for a ticket late enough in the day you could get the next day included). On the next day we did three stops on the trolley. Our first stop was Stanley Park where we walked around and checked out the totem poles. Then we boarded the trolley and went to Granville Island and the market there. We had lunch there, walked around a bit and then got back on the trolley and continued our tour around the city hopping off to catch the ferry and then the bus to Grouse Mountain. We took the tram up and the views were amazing.

We were able to do all of this in one day - we were a little tired by the end, but you can relax on the boat the next day.

I should also mention that we stayed at the hyatt within walking distance to Robson Street and we walked that on our own after dinner.

Thanks mrr -- I just reserved a room at the Sheraton Wall Centre through Hotwire. I noticed that the trolley stops there, so that will work out well. I'd heard that the Hyatt was a prime location, but I got tired of messing around with Priceline and just decided to book the sure thing. I believe it's about 4 blocks from Robson street, so that will make for a nice walk after dinner.

I'll check out Grouse Mountain. It sounds wonderful. We probably won't be getting on our way until around Noon or so, so it will be a push to cram in as much as we can. Thanks for the suggestions!

Laurie

• 3 months later...

Hello....I live in Vancouver and work as a TA here. This is what I send out to clients looking for info on our city:

Please refer to the Whistler/Blackcomb website for frequently asked questions or further information: http://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/index.htm I am able to help with regards to accommodation in Vancouver and/or Whistler.

With regards to an itinerary here in Vancouver, I would suggest the following attractions:

All of the above attractions can be done on your own free of charge with the exception of Science World and Storyeum (there is also a small charge to go to the top of Harbor Centre as well as entrance into the Aquarium and Planetarium and to cross the Suspension Bridge) and are all in the main downtown core of Vancouver. I can also help with dinner recommendations!

If bed and breakfasts are desired I would recommend an area that I used to live in an area that is on the Canadian/US Border in a city called White Rock, BC. They have many b and b’s that are oceanfront and it is truly one of the most gorgeous parts of our city. I actually used to live right down the street from this home and I do recommend this area in the summer. Please consult with this link:

http://www.bedandbreakfast.com/ppf/PROP/628612/ShowFeaturedProperty.aspx

Archived