Bringing Water and Soda On Board any RCL Ship

31cruiser

I have read other posts and heard on one they took liquor from a cabin. Friends also called RCL and were told they reserve the right to smell mouth wash and shampoo for ?. Also, NO WATER or SODA allowed to be brought on ship. I am surprised by some of the posts here saying bring soda and water along. I wouldn't want anyone to be upset when their liquids are confiscated. So I would recommend calling before you haul your preferred beverage to the pier.

I have never read or heard of any cruise line confiscating non alcoholic beverages before. Personally, I've brought orange juice, lime juice, lemonade, water, flavored water, cranberry juice, pepsi, ginger ale, ginger beer, grenadine and soda water all aboard (in the open original containers) and have never had a problem. I've sailed RCL, NCL and Carnival. In days past smuggling your liquor in mouthwash bottles was the preferred method. I'm sure some still use it. I personally prefer RumRunners! Hence the need for all the above mixers!! :DFYI......

Sorry if you were misinformed, but you can definitely bring non-alcoholic beverages on board. I brought a 12-pack of bottled water on my last cruise in August. There isn't even a need to sneak it on. I just slapped an extra luggage tag directly on the plastic wrapper of the case and it was delivered to my room.

Sailed on the Serenade in November. We bought coke, diet coke and water and put it in a duffel bad with a luggage tag. For some reason the package of water was taken out of the bag before delivered to the room. Made a couple of calls and the only explanation they had was that since is was still in plastic wrap they couldn't tell what it was for sure. They delivered a six pack of the ships water to the room free of charge.

Never once was there any comments about not being allowed to bring soda and water on board. I don't think they would have replaced it for free if we weren't allowed to do it.

Also bought one or two throw away bottles in a couple of ports and took them back on the ship. As long as there were not opened they didn't care at all.

Some of our neighbors on the last crew showed me how they bring on beer. They use a 12 pack of soda and remove the inner six cans leaving three can on each side. They then tape it up well and put a tag on it. We don't drink but were impressed that it work for them. They have cruised several times and have never been bothered.

I have read other posts and heard on one they took liquor from a cabin. Friends also called RCL and were told they reserve the right to smell mouth wash and shampoo for ?. Also, NO WATER or SODA allowed to be brought on ship. I am surprised by some of the posts here saying bring soda and water along. I wouldn't want anyone to be upset when their liquids are confiscated. So I would recommend calling before you haul your preferred beverage to the pier.
I think the reps at RC are "trained" to give out bad information regarding bringing sodas and water. They've told me SEVRAL times that it isn't allowed, but RC's website doesn't list sodas or water on the "banned items" list. I've never had an UNOPENED soda or water botle confiscated. They have confiscated OPENED bottles that I left in my bag and tried to bring back onboard. None of them contained liquor, but they were taken anyway. :rolleyes:

Ive heard this term several times- what are "rum runners"?

They are flasks made of plastic and easy to smuggle booze in. We always take water and soda on with us. We have done the luggage tag on the case with no problems. But it is way more than we need so we now take a soft sided rolling cooler on with us as a carry on. Water and soda in it and our room attendent keeps it filled with ice for us. I also take a box of wine, leave it on the desk and never have had it removed from the room.

Archived