Seattle hotels Priceline

Majesty Fan

August is an expensive time in Seattle (but the weather is generally the nicest!)

Priceline's downtown zone is quite large (relative to Hotwire which divides Priceline's zone into two separate areas). Generally speaking you'll be in the 'right area' when bidding 4* downtown on Priceline, but if going for a 3* property Hotwire may be a better choice due to being able to zone in a bit more on the geographic area.

Last year we stayed at the Westin in August via Priceline and i've posted some pictures of our hotel on the web which you can look at.

Good Luck.

We are also considering flying into Seattle a few days early to explore the area. We have never been anywhere near there. I thought it was too early to start trying Priceline but I guess I am wrong. I have to figure out if we want to spend the entire time in Seattle or also try to get a car and see some of the area around Seattle. Our cruise actually leaves on a Thursday so we could fly in as early as Saturday or Sunday. I just don't want to add too much extra expense to the trip.

I decided not to use Priceline becasue with it being High Season I doubt if I could get anything less than $99 si Booked a hotel on my own which is downtown Seattle next to the Space Needle for $107 and included breakfast and they have a shuttle to downtown. Seattle has free buses for most of the downtown area. Now I just got to figure how to get to Canada!

Lexi

HI All: Glad to hear their are people heading to Seattle to explore the area. I live in Seattle and may be able to help a bit. The area is one of the most beautiful IMO in this country (I moved here ten years ago) While staying in Seattle there is no need for a car you can walk just about everywhere and the busses have a "free zone". There is lots of shopping, and plenty of great restaurants. August is our nicest month but if someone was feeling up for an adventure I would recommend renting a car for a day and making the trip to Mount Rainier (about three hours) it is spectacular and definately worth a trip, even if you don't hike the trip itself is worth it. while in Seattle take a ferry ride over to Bainbridge Island (that is where I live) you can walk onto the ferry and then walk into town. There are lots of cute shops and a few wonderful restaurants. Or for the art people SAM (Seattle Art Museum) is one of the best in the country and reasonably priced, it is right downtown so you can shop. Also worth a look for you baseball fans is the Safco Field home of the Mariners, you can get tickets online and again can walk to it from most hotels or taxi, the prices for bleacher seats is reasonable.

Hopefully this gets you excited for your trip, honestly Seattle is very safe nad friendly, you'll enjoy your time. If you need any other information, just let me know and I'll try to answer.

dst

We fell in love with Seattle when we were there in June for our Sapphire cruise to Alaska. I have always lived on the East Coast and love the big cities here. I really enjoy going to a new city and exploring and Seattle did not disappoint me. I can't wait to go back someday when we can spend more time.

Anyone sailing from Seattle should plan on taking an extra day or two to enjoy the city.

We are on a family cruise and need to find moderate prices for 25 family members to stay over night in Seattle before our cruise June 24, 2005. Any recommendations beofre I start looking? Thank you.

SAN: What are looking to spend per night. A couple of thoughts are the Westin (located in the shopping area) the Hotel Monaco, which is located in the heart of town and is very retro and upscale, generally if you call them directly and are taking a few rooms they will discount a room (hint ask them for their "rack rate") Also is the Hotel Vintage Park it is also located in downstown area, its a small inn and very quant, at times prices are a bit high but worth a try. Also there is a great website

http://www.nwsource.com

which will give you lots of info on the area and hotels. Please let me knwo if I can help in any other way.

MNYSTRP2GO2: Glad you enjoyed Seattle, I am originally from the Boston area and although I miss the East Coast at times, I can not seem to take myself from the beauty out here. I feel I have been lucky to live in two great areas :)

dst..

I too was born and raised in the Boston area.I still love going up there to visit the family but don't miss the long cold winters. I now live about 10 miles from Philadelphia and 90 to New York City. The winters are usually a lot milder here.

I wrote a review on this back in late August...it may be a little pricey, but for the convenience, location, and comfort it's worth the extra $$. I took a shuttle van, pier was right across the street and I could see it from my window and I watched my ship come in (literally, my sweetie was working on it!). You can easily walk to all restaraunts, etc, but its mostly hills. I loved that hotel and would stay there again in a hearbeat. For what you pay the cost of a cheaper hotel out of the area and a car is worth this hotel. Menina

Boston is beautiful but as you say long cold winters, here we have rain but warmer weather 45' today and sunshine :)

The Marriott is a great option and as you said directly accross from the Pier. Really any of the Seattle hotels are great and no need for a vehicle :)

Our group wants to spend between $100-$150. The young adults in our group can't afford the 4 star hotels. I was looking through the AAA tour book and saw some hotels and motels located near the Seattle Center. Street boundries are Denny Way, Westlake Ave.,Broad St and Mercer St. Is this a convients area to find resturants and not too far from the pier where the Mercury docks?

I will ask for group rate or rack rate. My daughter's boyfriend finds really good deals on Priceline, but I don't know if you can use it for groups.

Thank You!

That is a nice spot but you will be more away from the shopping district and a bit removed. A long walk for the young ones and healthy adults, or a small taxi fee to get to the restaurants. Yes there are a few restaurants in the area but a good walk to the main downtown area.

As far as a taxi goes to get to the pier you would need a taxi no matter what its very hilly but a taxi is only going to be about 5.00. But you may need more than one taxi :)

did you check out the website that I recommended. It is great and even has maps. Let me know what you find and I can tell you if the hotel is decent and safe area....Let me know if I can help at all.

We are flying into Seattle on a Friday for our Vancouver cruise that leaves Saturday (6/4) and we are spending the night in Seattle. The next day (Saturday) we are flying into Vancouver to leave on the cruise. We have free plane tickets to Seattle and it is inexpensive to fly from Seattle into Vancouver. My question is, is it far from the airport if we want to stay somewhere near Pike street market? I want to see a bit of Seattle as I have never been there. We will also spend a night post cruise in Seattle before we fly back to San Antonio.

With a two week notice I paid $189 for the night in august, maybe you can get down to your group rate if you try now?? i still give this place a five thumbs up, or try the Edgewater next door.

Our group wants to spend between $100-$150. The young adults in our group can't afford the 4 star hotels. I was looking through the AAA tour book and saw some hotels and motels located near the Seattle Center. Street boundries are Denny Way, Westlake Ave.,Broad St and Mercer St. Is this a convients area to find resturants and not too far from the pier where the Mercury docks?

I will ask for group rate or rack rate. My daughter's boyfriend finds really good deals on Priceline, but I don't know if you can use it for groups.

Thank You!

JB: taxi from the airpiort to downtown is a flat 25.00 fee (regardless of how many persons) so well worth it. After you get your bags you go up the stairs (1/2 flight) and cross over the skybridge and then go down the elevator to the taxi waiting area. I mention this because it recently changed and is hard to get to. It is about a 15 minute ride to get to downtown area.

If this is a special occasion adn for one night you may want to try the Pike Place Market Inn. It will be around 175.00 per night but right in the Market, its the only hotel/Inn right there.

As someone mentioned the Edgewater Hotel but it is $$$ and they recently remodeled it and not a lot of the locals like it anymore. But if you have never been there you would not know about the remodel :)

Definately worth going into the city, nothing is at the airport....except loud planes :)

SAN: Renaisance in Seattle not bad at all, where is it located? Spring hill suites is in the downtown area I do not know much about it but looks nice from the outside. The courtyard is nice but Lake Union is a bit removed from downtown, you would definately need to taxi or drive to get into town.

What price range are you looking for, I can peek around abit here. Did you ever check that web address that I gave?

Let me knwo and I will help in anyway,

Deb

We plan to spend between $100-$150 for one night. I did look at the web site and saved it for reference. After I choose, I need to pass it along to 20 family members. Thank you for your help to see what is available.

I live in the Seattle Tacoma area and stayed at the Reniassance Marriott hotel last year for a Christmas shopping weekend with my husband. It's a nice,contemporary hotel a few blocks further south then some of the other big name hotels. I personally would pick a different one next time though. Like the Alexis Hotel. The Renaissance is across from the newly built Seattle Public Library, which is quite unusual. Someone else picked up the Shereton for just under $100, that's a great deal and I would recommend trying priceline for a 4*. All of the hotels right in the downtown area are pretty nice. I would not do the Space Needle/Seattle Science Center area, too far away from the heart of downtown, Pike Place Market etc. The airport area hotels are a lot further away even though less expensive. If you want to spend time touring the downtown area, don't stay at the airport. I work near the airport/Southcenter area and if traffic is bad on the freeway (and the backways as well)-and folks it usually is around here, it can take you awhile to get into the downtown area even if you are carpooling.

Born and raised in the Puget Sound Area.

Archived