The room was nice and we enjoyed that the bed was setup facing the windows so we could enjoy a nice view in the mornings.
There are some things to know before booking this room.
1. The balcony is about double the size of the the other 8A balcony staterooms and you can enjoy a lounger out there. Very nice.
2. If you are traveling with people in 6484 which is next balcony towards the front (also a large balcony) be aware that the divider cannot be opened between the balconies. Opening the divider blocks the door for 6490. We were aware of this before the cruise so it was not a surprise to us.
3. The light for the bathroom is in an odd spot and I never got used to it. The light is to the left of the bathroom door hinges. I repeatedly opened the door before remembering where it was located and had to close everything up to turn the light on. This sounds like a little thing but at night when it's pitch black it's an issue.
4. This stateroom does not directly connect to the main hallway, it's in a little "sub hallway" with room 6492. We were locked out of our stateroom because the door of the "sub hallway" which joined the main hallway was closed and our room keys would not open the door so we could get to our door. The main hallway door was coded to the people who had 6492. This situation was handled poorly by guest services but that is another story.
5. We had a rough seas night and we could really feel the swaying, most nights it did not seem more of an issue than it did in any other location on the ship.
Hope this info helps someone who is considering this room.