Car rentals at pier in San Pedro?

kpl1970

We recently cruised out of San Pedro on the Diamond Princess. Both before and after the cruise, we rented a car thru Hertz, picking the car up at LAX pre-cruise and dropping it off at the Lomita office; if you arrange this in advance, they will call a taxi for you, and credit your bill $15 for taxi fare, although with tip the real fare was closer to $20. The operation was done in reverse on our return.

• 1 month later...
You missed my post above. Enterprise does have an office across from the port but it is not open on Sunday.

Steve Hayes

Steve, do you think that it would be possible to rent a car from Enterprise at the San Pedro location and drop off at lax? We are arriving back on a Wednesday? I can also call enterprize myself, but thought you just might know. Thanks!!

Why would you want to rent a van just go to to the pier, pay for a week of sitting at the pier parking lot, just to take it to LAX after the cruise? It doesn't make sense to me. Why not just take transportation to/from pier to LAX? I must be missing something.....

• 1 month later...

Help!

We're renting a minivan from Enterprise for our precruise stay in Los Angeles and dropping it off in San Pedro before we board the Monarch.

There are 2 locations listed.

233 North Harbor Boulevard

or

1441 South Gaffey

Which is closest to the port?

I got conflicting answers from the Enterprise reps.

Thanks!

I was told two different things by Enterprise. I called the office across from the pier in San Pedro and was told $20 drop off fee to leave car at LAX. I called the 800 toll free number and was told that was wrong, it was $40. Anyone done this recently ?

Archived