Galveston hotel

sross6019

I live in Houston, and go down to Galveston frequently. The hotels are from plush to 8 days Inn. My favourite is the San Louis, right on the Gulf with views of the bay.

It is pricy, but lovely.:)

We stayed at the Commodore hotel in November 2003. The room was clean and fine but simple and not fancy. I thought it was interesting that the inside walls of the room were brick. The breakfast buffet was pretty meager on choices but I knew I'd be on the boat soon so who cared. Parking was free which is why I chose it.

I looked into booking that hotel recently and the prices are more now. It was about $69 back when I got it and now is $99 or more. For the increased price I would not get get it and would look at alternatives instead.

David

Any thoughts on the Commodore on the Beach Hotel, especially the Family rooms?

DW and I have stayed at the Commodore twice and find that it is a good hotel. The rooms are clean and the staff is very friendly. We had diner the night before the cruise at Guido's. It is a very good restaurant and reasonable. Have a great cruise,

Dave

Hi,

We have stayed at the Holiday Inn next to the San Luis, and found it to be neat and clean, the restuarant was fine for breakfast etc., (the rooms all face the ocean and have small balconies with chairs). We had dinner at "Salsa's" good Mexican food, and have a group going in October (six rooms) and are booked there again. Our daughter (who travelled with a large group last October also stayed at this hotel. You can leave your vehicle there while you cruise. If you want a little more up-scale the San Luis, or the Galvez are really nice.

I would not recommend the La Quinta - we stayed there and had dirty sheets!! on one of the beds and trash on the floor - will never stay in one of their hotels again.

We were thinking about staying at the Holiday Inn because of free parking and shuttle, but are there any hotels that are closer like within walking distance? I'm not familiar with the Commodore, is it closer to the port or something? Also, is the parking at the Holiday Inn, San Luis or Commodore covered?

Archived