Excursion coupon?

clinthi

Have you ever received an email from Carnival with coupon codes for excursions booked through Carnival?

I have never received such an email so I am wondering if it only applies to certain tiers of cruisers?

I asked Carnival customer service and they replied with:

"Glad to explain. From time to time we will send out discount codes for shore excursions that are booked directly with us and not a travel agent, But it is not for all the guests on the sailing thou it is a random selection process that chooses the guests."

no, i've never seen that.

but i'll put forth a theory... and it is JUST a theory...

maybe they are implementing a system similar to the 'upsell fairy' (where they call already booked cruisers and offer an 'upgrade' cabin for less than market rate).

i'd theorize (only) that perhaps they're rolling out a similar system for their CARNIVAL sponsored excursions...

there could be a real upside for them there - booking them to capacity, if even at lower rates, versus their otherwise most often very inflated rates.

wow.

you could have just discovered the next big 'upsell'...

not to sound conspiracy theory-ish, but that would be good business. and most often bad for the people that book (experience wise) but good (cost wise).

very intriguing discovery :)

Archived