5 in a room

suprracer

Bon Voyage fellow cruisers,

I am looking for any pics of anyone who has had 5 in a room. Have done 4, but M-I-L would like to come this time. Carnival Ectasy is the ship.

Thanks in advance

Suprracer from Louisiana

mil in a room for 2 would be too much for me.....

That is really quite funny and made me laugh.

I do believe that 5 in a room, if you have 3 adults, would be very crowded. I did 4 adults once... and never again.

Nancy

mil in a room for 2 would be too much for me.....

AGREED...and I love my M-I-L!!!

That is really quite funny and made me laugh.

I do believe that 5 in a room, if you have 3 adults, would be very crowded. I did 4 adults once... and never again.

Nancy

I was thinking the same thing. I am claustrophobic, no way, no how.

Bon Voyage fellow cruisers,

I am looking for any pics of anyone who has had 5 in a room. Have done 4, but M-I-L would like to come this time. Carnival Ectasy is the ship.

Thanks in advance

Suprracer from Louisiana

I did 4 on Paradise, and Ecstasy is her sister ship. We had a penthouse suite, and there is NO WAY in HELL I would try to put 5 even in that room!!! Unless you have kids.. and even then, it's tough, cause there's only one bathroom..

I found this picture with the 2 lowers and 2 uppers. Your room will look like this except you will have to find room somehow for a rollaway on the ground.

http://media.photobucket.com/image/carnival%20cruise%205%20people%20cabin/Shelleywood2005/Family%2520Bahamas%2520Trip%25202010/Bahamas2010cruise261.jpg

You might have to keep the 2 lowers separated to have room for the rollaway.

Keep the lowers apart and have the rollaway folded during the day.

Pack very lightly.

Use over the door shoe hangars. When I get the upper I use a 6pocket version as my nightstand.

Suitcases stored under the bed.

There are only 4 drawers and a pencil drawer and 3 shelves in the closet.

5 is way too many in a room. I have been on this ship and I would never do it.. But also I wouldnt want my mil in the room with me. Have you looked at rooms that share a common door that you can open up to make room bigger a little bit?

I did 4 on Paradise, and Ecstasy is her sister ship. We had a penthouse suite, and there is NO WAY in HELL I would try to put 5 even in that room!!! Unless you have kids.. and even then, it's tough, cause there's only one bathroom..

When I met my current boyfriend last year on the Paradise, they had 5 guys to an Inside lol!!

Bahamas2010cruise261.jpg

We did 5 to a room on our 2nd cruise, and it was very very tight. Definitely 2 rooms next time, if at all possible. I'm not sure what ship this pic was on that the previous poster linked to, but according to the U186, it would seem to be a Fantasy class ship (which Ecstasy is) oceanview room. This was the setup we had when we did 5 in a room on the Celebration. I think our room might have been slightly wider, because the rollaway was on the ground, directly below the upper to the left of the pic. There was no room for anything in there. We should've instead done 2 of the cheapest inside rooms instead of an OV for 5. I've never minded a room with 4 adults, but the 5th was just too much.

Hello,

we have done two cruises so far with 5 in a cabin. Both times it was two adults + 3 children and we all managed fine and it was even fun being all together. However, we are soon doing our 3rd cruise and our kids are now older and it's time for them to get their own cabin since a little privacy is now harder to get :rolleyes:. Also, when we did the math, the cost for two cabins (1 balcony + 1 inside) came to a few dollars difference than having a cabin for five.

Hello,

we have done two cruises so far with 5 in a cabin. Both times it was two adults + 3 children and we all managed fine and it was even fun being all together. However, we are soon doing our 3rd cruise and our kids are now older and it's time for them to get their own cabin since a little privacy is now harder to get :rolleyes:. Also, when we did the math, the cost for two cabins (1 balcony + 1 inside) came to a few dollars difference than having a cabin for five.

Glad to hear it worked with 3 kids.. we leave Sat on the Fascination and we have all 5 in a room, but we felt our kids were so young it was going to be ok. Also, we booked it late (like 2 weeks ago!) so we took whatever we could get!! I'm thinking that -sort of like a trip to Disney - we won't be in our room that often. Also, one kid usually winds up in our bed anyway! LOL

In your opinion having 2 A and 3K - Do you think its better to keep the twin beds separate the whole trip to have more floor space? And do they come in during the day and put away the upper bunks and take them out at night?

This is my picture posted of the 5 to a room. It's on the Carnival Fascination. We took this cruise last May so the picture is fairly recent. We cruise alot with 5 in a room and as you can see from the picture it is tight but we did this with our 3 children. I can tell you we manage fairly well with the 3 kids but there is no way I'd do this with 5 adults.

During the day, all of the beds are put up except the two twins pushed together. The problem is when you're all in the room guess where everyone is sitting to lounge or watch tv? On your bed. Like I said, with my children it's ok. No way would I want to do this with other adults. We did try seperating the twin beds but found we had no more floor space than with them pushed together. Hope you have a great cruise whatever you choose.

We've done this before with my hubby and I, our 2 kids and my mom and it was fine. We were hardly in the room except to sleep anyway. My hubby can sleep anywhere, so he slept in the top bunk with our youngest, that way we didn't have to use the rollaway and it saved that space. It was cozy, but we didn't mind it for the small amount of time we were actually in the room.

Archived