Sewer smell Boardwalk on Allure?

My friend who was on the Oasis this last November had noticied that there was a a very bad sweller smell located in the Boardwalk aft and the worst area was the rock climbing area. Is this true for the Allure? I was about to book 11329 (or in that area) until she mentioned that. So I need to confirm this prier to me booking this aft room.

Thanks.

Cindy

We were 4th in in a Boardwalk Balcony last June and had no smell whatsoever.....we are sailing on Allure again in a Boardwalk Balcony this coming June so hope there is no smell!! :rolleyes:

Thanks for your input. :)

We were on Allure a few weeks ago ... no sewer smell anywhere. The only odor we noticed around the Boardwalk was coming from Rita's Cantina, and it was wonderful!! :D

Now that's an odor I would like to smell over the sewer smell! This relaxes me. NO sewer smell on the Allure Boardwalk aft balconies. YAHOO!!!

Thanks.

Allure feb 20 2011 stayed on deck seven there was a sewer smell in the hallways sometimes when it smelled it was bad but not in the room at all didn't smell that anywhere else

Thank you NY Mariner for your "smell" report!

I want to also be the 1st to say welcome to cruise critic.

Cindy

Allure feb 20 2011 stayed on deck seven there was a sewer smell in the hallways sometimes when it smelled it was bad but not in the room at all didn't smell that anywhere else

Were you aft where the Boardwalk rooms are? Were you port or starboard side?

I was in 9723, starboard side; did not smell anything in halls, boardwalk, or back by rock climbing wall. The crew do wash the boardwalk area, and they use a soap solution, hoses, and brooms. maybe this is what your friend smelled. They normally clean during shore excursions; so if your friend stayed onboard they may have smelled the crew cleaning.

My friend who was on the Oasis this last November had noticied that there was a a very bad sweller smell located in the Boardwalk aft and the worst area was the rock climbing area. Is this true for the Allure? I was about to book 11329 (or in that area) until she mentioned that. So I need to confirm this prier to me booking this aft room.

Thanks.

Cindy

No one seems to be complaining, so I hope that is good news. But I know exactly the smell you are referring to, we were on Oasis last November and could absolutely smell that "sewer smell". We inquired as to what it was but no one really truly knew, the answer that made the most sense to us was the burn off from the incinerator. We have an aqua theater suite on Allure so I really, truly hope that smell is not on Allure!

No one seems to be complaining, so I hope that is good news. But I know exactly the smell you are referring to, we were on Oasis last November and could absolutely smell that "sewer smell". We inquired as to what it was but no one really truly knew, the answer that made the most sense to us was the burn off from the incinerator. We have an aqua theater suite on Allure so I really, truly hope that smell is not on Allure!

I have a feeling my friend and you were on the same sailing on the Oasis. I am hoping that since no one is commenting on this sewer smell the smell isn't really on the Allure (or this is wishful thinking!).

Thank you.

Archived