Bringing Soda on board

I'm sure this has been asked before but I'm a newbie to RCI. We completed our very first cruise in January on Celebrity a 2 week cruise that was 2 weeks too short. So we are thinking about a 4 night Bahama cruise in May. On the Constellation we could each board with a Bottle of wine each and unlimited soda and water. Does that apply to RCI also? Thanks in advance.

I'm sure this has been asked before but I'm a newbie to RCI. We completed our very first cruise in January on Celebrity a 2 week cruise that was 2 weeks too short. So we are thinking about a 4 night Bahama cruise in May. On the Constellation we could each board with a Bottle of wine each and unlimited soda and water. Does that apply to RCI also? Thanks in advance.

No. Royal Caribbean does not permit you to bring anything alcoholic on board.

Officially, you are also not permitted to bring water and soda, but 95% of the time there is no problem. Sometimes during times such as spring break, they are super vigilant and carefully inspect bottles to be sure that they actually contain water or soda. And sometimes they DO bar you from taking the soda or water on board, but it's not common.

I had a question about this also and although I have cruised before we just never bothered with soda's. But this cruise someone is going with us that is diabetic, 18 y/o, and we are flying in and only having one carry one so we couldnt bring it with us flying. But we are staying one night pre cruise and thought, once we got to the hotel we could get some diet soda's for her to have on the ship.

We will probaly have to carry it in a very noticable bag since our carry on will already be packed full, so there would be no hiding it. So, do you think as they see us with it they wil say anything if we explain it is for her and her medicial needs? We have already notified them of her medical needs, sharp container, etc.

Thanks

Archived