Best Western Uptown Vancouver

After a frustrating bid journey at Priceline, I managed to get the Best Western Uptown Hotel for my RCL Alaska cruise departing on 30 July 2005 from Ballantyne Pier (Radiance of the Seas).

The Best Western Uptown isn't exactly downtown (duh! :( ) so I'd be very grateful if someone could tell me exactly where Kingsway is. I've been pouring over the maps but can't find it. The maps provided by Best Western isn't entirely helpful as well since I can't see where the pier is relative to the hotel.

If I'm travelling with my husband, would it be cheaper to take the bus from the Int'l Airport or a cab? I'm utterly unfamiliar with Vancouver so any bit of advice will be much appreciated. Thanks!:)

Grouchy - it used to be the comfort Inn -

Bertande: you are about 3 miles from Ballantyne Pier - try putting in Main and Broadway on map quest - if you get a room on the top floor north view you might actually be able to see the ship - i live nearby this hotel and can see the ship as it backs out of the pier each Sunday evening during cruise season.

It will be about $30.00 for a cab - bus will be about $3.50 person - you could take the 98B Express from the airport to Broadway then transfer to the 99B Express and get off at Main/Kingsway stop - hotel is a short two blocks.

How much luggage will you have - while the 98B shouldn't be a problem the 99B is extremely busy on weekdays as it serves the University and connects to our rapid transit station further along Broadway.

Hope this helps

Cheers from Vancouver

Dennis

the rooms are nice. My Sis in law stayed there last year and we checked out the rooms. There is a place on Main and Broadway -2 actually-that have really good Chinese food and BBQ pork and Duck. You can go get 1/2 pound to go and take it back to your room. Ho Tak Kee and Siu something or other..... Also in the next block on Broadway is a very good East Indian place. Mango Villa? It just opened and has had some great reviews.

It will be about $30.00 for a cab - bus will be about $3.50 person - you could take the 98B Express from the airport to Broadway then transfer to the 99B Express and get off at Main/Kingsway stop - hotel is a short two blocks.

How much luggage will you have - while the 98B shouldn't be a problem the 99B is extremely busy on weekdays as it serves the University and connects to our rapid transit station further along Broadway.

Hope this helps

Cheers from Vancouver

Dennis

Thanks Dennis! That was extremely helpful. We'll probably have one large suitcase each so lugging it around shouldn't be much of a problem. We'll probably be taking the bus as it's more cost-efficient and well, we really have time to spare anyway. :) One thing though, I've read that the buses don't give change - will I be able to find out in advance how much the two journeys (i.e. on 98B and 99B) cost? I think I'll save the CAD$30 for my return trip to the airport. :)

Thanks once again!

Bertrande - here's a link to translink's web site - they are the service provided in the Vancouver area - if on a weekend it will be cheaper - you will need the coorect fare for the bus - get a transfer - it is good for ninety minutes any direction:

http://www.translink.bc.ca/Transportation_Services/Fares_Passes/default.asp

Cheers

Dennis

Archived