Is voyager of the seas just a one off season?

Hi,

does anyone know if Voyager of the seas is just a one -off season in Australia.

It appears by the itineraries that the ship is to large to berth and in some cases moor off some of the Islands.

We are sailing on Radinance in Feb 2012 and was thinking of Voyager in Nov 2012.

If it was to come out again for 2013-2014 I would probally wait till then...but I dont want to miss the opportunity to sail on her.

Cheers

Col:)

Hi,

It appears by the itineraries that the ship is to large to berth and in some cases moor off some of the Islands.

We are sailing on Radinance in Feb 2012 and was thinking of Voyager in Nov 2012.

If it was to come out again for 2013-2014 I would probally wait till then...but I dont want to miss the opportunity to sail on her.

Cheers

Col:)

"Royal Caribbean Cruises has just announced that its “megaliner” Voyager of the Seas will be based in Asia and Australasia from 2012 – including a five month season based in Sydney from November 2012.

The 3840-passenger vessel will also cruise in China between June and October 2012, and will be the fifth Royal Caribbean Cruises Limited ship sailing in the region in 2012/13 – alongside Rhapsody of the Seas, Radiance of the Seas, Celebrity Solstice and Celebrity Millennium.

“There are clear opportunities in the China and Australia markets, which are key areas for Royal Caribbean International’s global development,” said ceo Adam Goldstein at a press conference in Shanghai.

Royal Caribbean Australia md Gavin Smith said the positioning of Voyager down under “demonstrates our company’s tremendous belief in the future of this region and we are extremely honoured to shape the future of cruising in Australia”.

Voyager of the Seas has 1556 staterooms and will introduce a host of innovations including its ‘Royal Promenade’ indoor main street, an ice rink, skating track, golf simulator and inside cabins with a view.

She will operate 12 New Zealand, South Pacific and Australian itineraries ranging from one to 18 nights, sailing from Sydney and Fremantle.

"

Im pretty sure it is, as that artical said, Also its getting a refurb in 2013, so i would definetly wait till then, maybe try solstice if you arnt travelling with kids, and if you are, go on the Spirit, i hear its really nice and its getting some improvements as well!

"Royal Caribbean Cruises has just announced that its “megaliner” Voyager of the Seas will be based in Asia and Australasia from 2012 – including a five month season based in Sydney from November 2012.

The 3840-passenger vessel will also cruise in China between June and October 2012, and will be the fifth Royal Caribbean Cruises Limited ship sailing in the region in 2012/13 – alongside Rhapsody of the Seas, Radiance of the Seas, Celebrity Solstice and Celebrity Millennium.

“There are clear opportunities in the China and Australia markets, which are key areas for Royal Caribbean International’s global development,” said ceo Adam Goldstein at a press conference in Shanghai.

Royal Caribbean Australia md Gavin Smith said the positioning of Voyager down under “demonstrates our company’s tremendous belief in the future of this region and we are extremely honoured to shape the future of cruising in Australia”.

Voyager of the Seas has 1556 staterooms and will introduce a host of innovations including its ‘Royal Promenade’ indoor main street, an ice rink, skating track, golf simulator and inside cabins with a view.

She will operate 12 New Zealand, South Pacific and Australian itineraries ranging from one to 18 nights, sailing from Sydney and Fremantle.

"

Hi Col, as the above states Voyager will be here 2012/2013 season which takes in early 2013 which is part of the current itenarary being sold, do'snt say whether it will return late 2013, maybe T/A might have some idea. Rob:)

Royal Caribbean

Voyager of the Seas

22 Oct 2012

Singapore to Fremantle

Thailand, Vietnam...

14 nights

Voyager of the Seas

24 Nov 2012

Sydney roundtrip

New Zealand...

14 nights

Voyager of the Seas

22 Dec 2012

Sydney roundtrip

New Zealand...

14 nights

Voyager of the Seas

05 Nov 2012

Fremantle to Sydney

Hobart, New Zealand...

18 nights

Voyager of the Seas

08 Dec 2012

Sydney roundtrip

New Zealand...

14 nights

[font=Verdana,

Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Royal Caribbean

Voyager of the Seas

05 Jan 2013

Sydney roundtrip

Melbourne, Hobart[/font]

8 nights

Voyager of the Seas

13 Jan 2013

Sydney roundtrip

Fiji, Auckland, Tauranga

14 nights

Voyager of the Seas

10 Feb 2013

Sydney roundtrip

Fiji, New Caledonia

9 nights

Voyager of the Seas

27 Jan 2013

Sydney roundtrip

New Zealand...

14 nights

Voyager of the Seas

19 Feb 2013

Sydney to Fremantle

New Zealand, Hobart...

14 nights

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]What's New for 2012-13[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]NEW Ship

Voyager of the Seas will sail 12 itineraries to Australia, New Zealand, the South Pacific and Asia ranging from 1 to 18 nights.

NEW Destinations

Voyager of the Seas makes maiden calls in Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.

NEW Ports of Call

Enjoy a maiden call on Radiance of the Seas to Picton (New Zealand) and maiden calls on Voyager of the Seas to Bangkok (Thailand) and Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam).

NEW Itineraries

This season will see the re-introduction of a 2 night sampler itinerary on Radiance of the Seas in November 2012, followed by a new 5 night sampler itinerary in February 2013. Voyager of the Seas will also offer a 1

night sampler itinerary in November 2012. Radiance of the Seas will feature a new 10 night Tropical Queensland itinerary over New Year and Easter holidays. There are more overnight stays in Sydney at the beginning or end of the 14 night New Zealand itineraries on Radiance of the Seas & Voyager of the Seas.

Voyager of the Seas will feature 2 new 14 night reposition cruises at the beginning and end of the season between Singapore and Perth. Voyager will also feature a new 14 night itinerary to the South Pacific & New Zealand. Also choose from an extended range of 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 & 12 night South Pacific itineraries.

NEW Amenities

With the introduction of Voyager of the Seas, combined with the revitalisations of Radiance & Rhapsody of the Seas, we have an abundance of new amenities for Australian and New Zealand passengers to enjoy when sailing within the region. Some of these amenities include:

Specialty Dining: Johnny Rockets – a 1950s style American diner; Portofino – classic Italian fine dining; The Samba Grill – Brazilian Steakhouse; Rita’s Cantina – Mexican; Giovanni’s Table – Italian fine dining; Izumi – Japanese restaurant; Boardwalk Dog-House; Park Café – deli-style eatery and Chef’s Table – exclusive fine

dining for 14 guests.

[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Lounges & Bars: Vault – a 2-deck Nightclub; Pig & Whistle & Quill& Compass – English pubs; themed lounges including Cleopatra’s Needle, High Notes, Crow’s Nest, Cloud Nine, Seven Hearts, 19th Hole.

Entertainment: A sensational 900-seat ice-skating rink; in-line skating track; full sized basketball & volleyball courts; a nine-hole Voyager Dunes mini golf course, golf simulator and an outdoor movie screen.

Nursery: Radiance of the Seas will offer parents of babies (aged 6 to 17 months) and toddlers (aged 18 to 36 months) a dedicated Babies and Tots Nursery. This colourful new space is a fullystaffed nursery which will offer parents drop-off options in the daytime and evening (additional fees apply).

Staterooms: Interactive flat-screen televisions and single staterooms (Radiance of the Seas); Promenade Interior staterooms – generously sized interior staterooms with a view of the Royal Promenade (Voyager of the Seas).

Other: Diamond and Concierge lounges for Loyalty members plus Wi-Fi throughout the ship on Radiance of the Seas.[/font]

Hi Col, I just checked the Sydney Ports cruise ship schedule and it has Voyagers last trip out of Sydney on 19th Feb 2013, I can't find any more RCI ships on their schedule after Rhapsody 24/4/13 even though there schedule is up till Nov 2020...... does this mean no more RCI ships. I certainly hope not:eek::( Rob.

Hi Col, I just checked the Sydney Ports cruise ship schedule and it has Voyagers last trip out of Sydney on 19th Feb 2013, I can't find any more RCI ships on their schedule after Rhapsody 24/4/13 even though there schedule is up till Nov 2020...... does this mean no more RCI ships. I certainly hope not:eek::( Rob.

Hi Rob,

I was interested to see if it returned late 2013-then 2014.looks like 24.11.12 might be the go ....better start filling the money box...LOL

Col

No that doesnt mean the boats arn't coming any more after that, it means that RCI hasn't started fully booking in their boats to the port, or if they have, they just don't want it to be published yet.

No that doesnt mean the boats arn't coming any more after that, it means that RCI hasn't started fully booking in their boats to the port, or if they have, they just don't want it to be published yet.

Oh that's good ! had me worried I might not be sailing on one of their wonderful ships out of Australia again. Robin:)

Hi,

It's not a one-off but yet to be determined, i.e. it could be depending how things look when they get to next year's schedules.

This is the second comment I have seen saying if not travelling with kids go on the Solstice. I am travelling with kids but want to go on the Solstice. Why the comments do you think?

Hi Silverwillow, most people tend to think of Celebrity as an adults only line. It's certainly less geared towards kids than some of the others. That said, if you read the Celebrity boards they are all saying that the kids club is great, just a lot smaller, and staff and other passengers tend to be lovely to kids. Depends on whether your kids need the extra stuff like skating rinks and rock climbing walls to have fun - Celebrity doesn't have that.

Archived