Aft or Hump for NZ

I am not familiar with the ship either but we LOVE the aft - IMHO can't be beaten for a host of reasons - the view, not having to worry as much if the person in the next cabin is smoking - the balconies are normally more spacious and seem to be a little more protected ie less windy - did I mention the view just love that wake view:) Re which side, if you are sailing from Auckland down to the sounds I would go for the starboard as the coastline will be on the right of the ship and we found the scenery of the coast is really pretty - when we sailed down it was lovely sitting on the balcony watching the snow capped mountains!

Jane

We have been on the solstice and had a midship hump cabin 7159 which was on the back of the first hump. Had a very large balcony and was proected from wind being on the back of the hump. Smoking is not allowed in solstice cabins at all and we had no problems.

We have been on the solstice and had a midship hump cabin 7159 which was on the back of the first hump. Had a very large balcony and was proected from wind being on the back of the hump. Smoking is not allowed in solstice cabins at all and we had no problems.

Thankyou for your prompt replies. We had an aft balcony on the PG and trying the hump on Radiance, but was not sure which to go for the best views of the sounds.

I thought Starboard, having the land on the same side whilst travelling down NZ would be best.

It is only a difference of $50 between 1A and SV so cost is not a concern.

If you can get an Aft there is nothing better. Now- if you can get an Aft/ corner, though not sure of the deck plans on that ship, go for it.

We are cruising on the Rhapsody in Feb mainly because we were able to get the Aft/ corner that we have had before and loved it.

If you can get an Aft there is nothing better. Now- if you can get an Aft/ corner, though not sure of the deck plans on that ship, go for it.

We are cruising on the Rhapsody in Feb mainly because we were able to get the Aft/ corner that we have had before and loved it.

No Lizzy, their corner afts are suites unfortunately.

Hi, I have been looking closely at Solstice and have a cabin on hold for a few days till we make a decision so I thought I would pass on this info I found.

The hump angled balconies especially the first and third off the hump are the largest some 3x the normal size. They are:

Resort Deck: 2105, 2109, 2106, 2110

Penthouse Deck: 1547, 1552, 1601, 1605, 1606, 1610

Sky Deck: 1075, 1044, 1231, 1243, 1247, 1108, 1120, 1124

Panorama Deck: 9155, 9192, 9209, 9215, 9237, 9241, 9266, 9270, 9292, 9296

Vista Deck: 8197, 8160, 8257, 8253, 8279, 8283, 8226, 8230, 8252, 8256

Sunrise Deck: 7159, 7206, 7215, 7219, 7241, 7245, 7260, 7264, 7286, 7290

Continental Deck: 6155, 6156, 6209, 6215, 6237, 6241, 6210, 6214, 6236, 6240

Also be aware that there is an outdoor smoking section on the Port side on level five and that some people with balconies on level six and seven have been affected.

We sailed starboard and had lovely view when sailing out of Dunedin of the Albatross colony and saw two large birds.

Silverwillow

Thankyou Silverwillow.

We have just booked Cabin 9192 Starboard which I am sure we will be extremely happy with. Very excited about this cruise.

Now we have two cruises on the agenda so I better stop looking at any more for a couple of years.

Oh, by the way, Solstice have put their prices so if I was you I would book your cruise. The cruise went up by approx $300 pp. I managed to get the same deal without the OBC. Who knows there is plenty of time, still may get OBC later on.LOL.:D

Archived