Transportation from Cruise Ship

This board was very helpful about my Tip question (and I will not tip). Now I have another question. My husband is in a wheelchair; but can transfer from the chair to a car or SUV. I'm hoping someone can recommend a company that would have a taxi or town car that would be large enough to hold cruise luggage, a wheelchair and 2 people.

We would need it from the cruise ship to our hotel and then from the hotel to the airport. Are there larger taxis at the port?

Thanks for your help.

This board was very helpful about my Tip question (and I will not tip). Now I have another question. My husband is in a wheelchair; but can transfer from the chair to a car or SUV. I'm hoping someone can recommend a company that would have a taxi or town car that would be large enough to hold cruise luggage, a wheelchair and 2 people.

We would need it from the cruise ship to our hotel and then from the hotel to the airport. Are there larger taxis at the port?

Thanks for your help.

Hi 'keep on cruising'.

Let us know which ports your are embarking and disembarking so we can give you more accurate information.

From an Auckland perspective, we use Corporate Cabs or Regency Cabs, as they have Fairlanes or Statemens. Fares are slightly higher than average for a more superior service. We travel with a portable power chair (called a puzzlechair) which breaks down into 3 pieces, a walker, plus 1 large suitcase, 1 smaller, a couple of backpacks and 2 passengers. All fits in nicely.

We found in Melbourne there were plenty of station-wagon taxis which worked very well. I would guess Sydney and Brisbane would have the same. Maxi-taxi's may be too high a seating position to tranfers from a chair easily.

I guess I forgot a very important piece of information. We are disenbarking in Sydney.

Thanks for the information from everyone.

Most of our taxi services have specially designed wheel-chair cabs which you will need to ring and order. They are designed to roll the wheelchair straight into the cab so the passenger doesn't have to transfer to a seat, and then are locked in place. Try this link for further information.

http://www.zero200.com.au/about.htm

Hope it helps! :)

Most of our taxi services have specially designed wheel-chair cabs which you will need to ring and order. They are designed to roll the wheelchair straight into the cab so the passenger doesn't have to transfer to a seat, and then are locked in place. Try this link for further information.

http://www.zero200.com.au/about.htm

Hope it helps! :)

Thanks for the information. I will definitely contact them.

Archived