Toddlers allowed in the pool?

JenArm

Quick question for a friend of mine, who is taking her toddler (aka, not potty-trained child) on a cruise next month...

Will the toddler be allowed in the pool with swim diapers on?

I seem to remember a discussion on another cruiseline's board saying that a child must be potty trained (for sanitary reasons) to be allowed in the pools.

I would have done a search, but I'm having trouble with the function. I suspect this is a heated topic, so my apologies in advance. She just wants to know Carnival's policy.

Thanks!

Only children who are potty trained are permitted in the pools - no diapers or swim diapers permitted.

We were on the Glory with my 25-month old DD. Her big brother (6) used the pool and slide. I was afraid she would be upset she couldn't go also, but it never came up. We took her to the beach at several of the ports. It also helped on board that she loved the camp! HTH.

• 1 month later...

I think all cruise lines have the same policy. Only potty trained babies are allowed in the pool. If a parent allows a baby in the pool with diapers etc. and the baby goes in the pool, there will be tons of unhappy people on the ship as no one can use the pool until it is drained and cleaned. I'm sure your friend can understand and won't allow her baby in the pool.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I personally also wash my fruit and vegetables and make sure my hamburger is cooked. I don't want to get Salmonella, entamoeba histolitica.....what makes you think everyone is healthy!!!!:( Those who are sick are careless with themselves and are unconcerned with getting others ill. People such as elderly individuals or immunosuppressed don't want to have their cruise ruined. How about cancer with a nice bacterial or viral infection thrown in?

Archived