sewer smells

What is the issue with sewer smells on the sovereign of the seas?

We are getting ready to book this ship and I don't want any unpleasant surprises

Most ships have this problem on occasion. It usually has to do with the improper disposal of feminine hygiene products in the toilet. Most ships have warnings posted not to do this.:(

I have read reviews from those who noticed them and those who never smelled anything. Nothing I have read has been so bad that it would ruin the cruise experience, and I have a sensitive nose, I take smells very seriously. ;) So, I wouldn't let it sway me from booking the cruisse. We'll be on the Sovereign in May, I'll report back after that!

I am a huge RCI fan...if my signature would show, you would know but.....

Rhapsody, December 5, 2004, will always stay in my memory as the "stinky ship." I smelled sewer gases everywhere I went. I do know that there were problems with backups and such on our sailing as we had major toilet problems ourselves for a couple of days.

I have had a few times on other ships where there was a brief moment of noticable smell, but Rhapsody took the cake!

We were on SOS this past October. On the second day, we noticed a faint sewer smell when we got off the elevator (6th deck). We had adjoining rooms and my room did not have a scent but my DD's room had a faint sewer odor when you entered the bathroom. Once the door was shut you could no longer smell it. It was maybe inconvient but not a big deal in the least:) If you are really worried, you might take a hanging air freshener or ask the room steward to leave you some spray.

Archived