Holiday Inn San Pedro

DMorris

Hi... has anyone stayed at the Holiday Inn San Pedro. Their web site looks good and they are an intercontintal hotel which is a good group. They offer a shuttle from LAX and to the cruise pier and back to LAX... was wondering if anyone had an first hand knowledge on this hotel. Thanks.

DMorris: sounds like we both want info. I logged on to http://www.sanpedro.com and found some info on the Holiday Inn. Sounds like a nice hotel, but am wondering about the shuttle they have from the pier to the airport. Hope someone can give us first hand info on this.

(we are on the Summit, RT Hawaii in 06)

Grace

Add Me To The Inquiring Group--the Holiday Inn At San Pedro Seems To Have Everthing That I Would Be Looking For--a Reliable Hotel Chain--and A Fly And Cruise Package That Picks You Up At Lax And Takes You To The Hotel, Next Day Takes You To The Cruise Ship And At The End Of The Cruise Takes You Back To Lax. On Paper It All Seems Great--not Having To Deal With Private Shuttles Or Taxis Back And Forth To The Airport-but Who Out There Has Had Any Experiences With The Holiday Inn? Please Get Back To Us!

We stayed at Holiday Inn last year prior to our cruise. Didn't seem like a great area but room was huge and clean. Their breakfast was coffee and toast and would probably stay there again. We had to find our own transportation to the hotel but they took us to pier.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn on Gaffey Street last year (October). We did the park and sail package. We left our car there for the week. They dropped us off at the pier and picked us up when we got back. Service to and from the pier was very good. The hotel was nice enough. Our room was large, nice, with a decent view. Breakfast was just juice or coffee and toast. The area is not great, but we walked around, found some restaurants, and thought it was ok.

Do not stay at this hotel! I did in December of 2004 and it was terriable. I wrote a review at cruisecritic.com. Problems with parking, no washclothes, towels missing, heater not working, room lock broken etc. etc. Front desk personnel really didi not care and just shrugged as there was nothing they could do.

Hotel was in the process of being sold and all maintenance had stopped. Not worth the price. I have stayed in Long Beach. I would recommend Long Beach over San Pedro any day. But if you must stay in San Pedro do yourself a favor and find another hotel.

If the hotel has been sold, possibly the new owners will fix it up a bit? Usually, that happens when a property is sold.

We will not be staying pre cruise until next Jan. so I am hoping that things may improve. I plan on using Priceline.

Grace

Archived