Lost World Canopy Tour and Rappelling - is it good?

Indiana627

Hello,

We'll be in Belize in a couple weeks on Royal Caribbean and are thinking of doing The Lost World Canopy Tour and Rappelling, and are wondering if anyone else has done this? What are your thoughts? Would you do it again? From the description, it sounds like you travel on a zip line a few times and then rappel down a cliff at the end. Does anyone know how high you are during all this? Any other thoughts? Thanks for help.

Mark

You know I did a search on the tour before posting my thread and didn't find anything. But then I searched again this morning and found about 8 threads. After reading them, we decided to book the tour and now are all set. Looks fun, glad to hear that it's all new facilities. We've never done anything like this so it should be great.

Mark

Indiana, Please post a review of this excursion when you return. I have booked it for my husband and daugher for our June 12 Miracle sailing. I am anxious to know details. Thanks!

I just came back from the Lost Canopy Tour through the Grand Princess on 4/5/05. I went with my two children, ages 12 and 14.

It was an extremely well organized tour - very educational, definitely a new experience, and not scary at all. There were 38 of us from the Princess Tour (this was the maximum as we all were on one bus).

As soon as we arrived in the port from the tender, we were loaded on to a very comfortable air conditioned bus and whisked away. The tour company is called something like "Ba- Ka Tours" and they are extremely professional and enthusiastic. The drive was one hour, 15 minutes through the city of Belize and then the "suburbs" and then out into the countryside. The entire way out there, the tour guide spoke about Belize culture, customs, economy, etc. It was very informative.

When we arrived, I felt like we were on a movie set, as we walked into a cave lit up with all these tiki torches. Lined up at the end were about 12 Belizean guides dressed in fatigues ready to assemble our rappelling equipment. It took them about 10 minutes to put all the safety equipment on each of us. Then a short, fun 10 minute hike up the hill - incredibly built trails and bridges.

The zip-lining was not scary at all - it's over so fast each of the 5 times. The best part of it all was seeing the pride of the Belizeans in their new tourist attraction. They had built the trails and platforms themselves. We were helped by these pro's every step of the way.

I think this is why the tour is so expensive. There is a lot of man power required. I highly recommend this trip. It was our only land tour on the cruise - everything else was snorkeling, etc. It was nice to have a change of pace and meet the locals.

I've just signed up for this excursion and I'm so psyched about it! I've changed my mind 3 times but this one is a done deal.

I was orginally going to do the cave tubing with a private tour company but decided that the timing of our ships departure was cutting it too close for me. I know that no one has ever been left behind but I'd worry all the same.

Then I was going to do the rendevouz caye excursion but this one sounds so much more fun and we can always snorkel at a different port.

Would love to hear about others experience with this one so please give us a review.

Archived