Luggage Service

wnorman

Fantastic luggage service before/after cruise; before/after flight/hotel, etc. At airport and right at cruise port of NO. $25.00 for 4 bags. We used them after our cruise - we got off ship at 9:30 and our flight was not until 5 pm. Gave them our luggage and had the whole day to spend in NO. Went to airport and picked up our luggage then went to check in. Fantastic. Called Advance Check In 1-877-467-8898 If you were to arrive very early and wanted to spend time in NO before your cruise, you could check your luggage with them at airport, spend your time in NO and they will take your luggage to the cruise port and you will see it on board.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...
Thank you!! I am going to use them for sure!! sounds great!!:D

Was wondering if you ended up using this service? If so, how was your experience? We will be returning to NO and have a late afternoon flight, so considering this as an option.

Or anyone else who has used this service in NOLA, we would welcome your comments too.

Thanks!

• 5 weeks later...

I am also interested... but have an additional question. We are not flying out, but taking a bus home, but it does not leave until 1pm and we were wanting to bring the kids to the Aquarium. Do you know of any service that would hold our luggage post cruise for that?

Nevermind, I checked the website and saw they have on-site storage as well. I think this would be perfect for us. But I would still like to know other people's experiences with them.

Edited by Monalis
added info

We used the luggage valet service located at the cruise terminal when we returned from Serenade on 4/12. It is independent and not part of RC. We had a very good experience with them, $50 for 6 pieces delivered to the airport. I believe they charge $40 for 1-4 pieces, then $5 for each add'l piece. We also arranged for a shuttle to takes us from a pre-designated location in the FQ to the airport at a specified time (top of each hour) for $14/pax. Again, very professional, accomodating, and right on time. The shuttle service shared the luggage valet booth at the cruise terminal. I would not hesitate to use either service again.

Edited by tahoemc

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

I have to say that I had a terrible experience with this company. Never have I encountered such an unprofessional and unhelpful company. Advance check-in literally has one job: take your bags from the airport to the cruise ship. You would think that since this is their one job they would know how to get it done. Instead, my parents, who entrusted their luggage (including important medical equipment) to these people, ended up on a one-week cruise sans any of their belongings.

Once this massive mistake was made, you would think that this company would try their best to rectify this horrible situation. Not so. Advance Check-In became unresponsive. They stopped answering their phone and became impossible to get ahold of. When a connection was finally made, Advance Check-in said the bags were on a flight to Cusco, the cruise’s first stop. Having never received confirmation of a flight number of baggage claim number (remember the lack of communication here), my parents spent the entire day at the Cusco airport trying to track down their luggage. To make matters worse, this day was also my mother’s birthday.

Finally, they were able to confirm that Advance Check-In never sent the bags. My parents were forced to run around and buy everything they would need for the rest of their vacation costing them hundreds of unnecessary dollars. Advance Check-In destroyed their much needed and well deserved vacation and they didn’t even care. They have refused to provide ANY reimbursement or compensation. What a horrible, horrible company.

I implore you to never, ever use them.