Port Liberty, (Bayonne N.J.) and parking/unloading

In Port Canaveral, you could drive up to what was almost like skycaps, or bellboys that would take all your lugguage right at the terminal if you were handicapped. I was wondering if there is anything like that in Bayonne?

Does anyone know?

• 3 weeks later...

Here is the information I was given by Royal Caribbean:

The Parking Lot and the Terminal are right next to each other. You will check-in at the Cruise Terminal with your boarding documents. After you check-in you will need to board a shuttle bus from the Cruise Termial to the Cruise Ship. Three Shuttle buses have a Hydraulic Lift Ramp.

There are people to assist you with your luggage right at the drop off spot in front of the terminal. The long-term parking is just a short distance from the terminal. The check-in was very smooth and quick. We arrived at the terminal around 12:30 PM and we were in our cabin and up to the Windjammer before 2:00 PM. There are two or three designated check-in desks for persons in a wheelchair and we encountered no line up at these desks when we arrived. While the check-in was orderly, getting your baggage when you leave was the opposite. We docked in NJ around 9:00 AM and it was 11:30 AM when we finally pulled out of the parking lot. I would describe the busses as kneeling with a front door ramp.

Hello, I'm using Port Liberty in October for Bermuda, thanks for the heads-up with the shuttle buses. My question is, What is the parking cost for H/C vehicles? Thanks Qman76

We paid $12 USD per day in advance for the parking. They accept cash or credit card. My son dropped me off with our bags and then parked our minivan in the long term parking lot, which is just a very short walk away. Have a great cruise on the Voyager.

• 3 years later...

this is an older post...........looking for folks who have traveled from Bayonne NJ more recently. Please share your experiences of arriving and departing. The more I know the easier it is to board the ship. Oh, yes. My DH uses a wheelchair and I will be driving to the port.

Hello,

Here's the Cape Liberty web site.

http://www.cruiseliberty.com/dirpark.htm

We cruised out of Cape Liberty in the fall of 2007 on Explorer. My husband uses an electric scooter. We dropped off our bags on our way to the parking lot. It's very close. I drove into the parking area, paid at the booth, and parked toward the front on the left by the building in the handicapped spaces. We unloaded the scooter and wheelchair. I pushed the wheelchair with our carry-on luggage. He rode the scooter. It was a very quick walk to the check-in area. We had to wait for an accessible shuttle for a short while. He drove the scooter onto the shuttle bus. There were many people to help getting the scooter out of the shuttle bus and he drove it onto the ship.

Looks like the parking is $19 a day now.

Hope you both have a wonderful cruise and that this helps a bit.

Thanks, That sounds pretty simple. What is the shuttle bus about? Is this ship that far from check-in? We have a manual wheelchair and rent an electric scooter onboard. Makes for one less thing to have to handle. thanks for posting so quickly.

Hi again travelteam,

I just found this site with pictures of the shuttle buses. It says that the check-in is about a half mile from the ship.

http://www.cruisenewsdaily.com/nf40514.html

Actually the wheelchair makes a perfect way to take luggage to the ship. I couldn't push my husband any more and he can't propel the wheelchair. Love the scooter and so does he. It usually is pushed on and off the ship by a crew member at many ports if the ramp has those bumps or treads. The crew also carries it on and off tenders. My husband walks slowly and needs railings to hold. We have never been to a port that he couldn't get off the ship with the scooter. We take the manual just in case there's a scooter problem.

I do alot of research and look at pictures on Google to help us out in ports.

Hi again travelteam,

I just found this site with pictures of the shuttle buses. It says that the check-in is about a half mile from the ship.

http://www.cruisenewsdaily.com/nf40514.html

Actually the wheelchair makes a perfect way to take luggage to the ship. I couldn't push my husband any more and he can't propel the wheelchair. Love the scooter and so does he. It usually is pushed on and off the ship by a crew member at many ports if the ramp has those bumps or treads. The crew also carries it on and off tenders. My husband walks slowly and needs railings to hold. We have never been to a port that he couldn't get off the ship with the scooter. We take the manual just in case there's a scooter problem.

I do alot of research and look at pictures on Google to help us out in ports.

thanks for the info. I also need to do lots of research.......my guy walks very slowly, has a balance problem, so wheelchairs and scooters are our way of seeing the world. We did a TA in 2007 and had a blast. I find CC folks very experienced and willing to share their information. For this short trip to Bermuda, folks gave us a heads up on an accessible beach resort in Bermuda that sells day passes.......we're looking forward to an escape before our fantasy trip to Hawaii in 2010. Now that is taking a bit of research:D.

Travelteam,

We've never been to Bermuda. I want to go soon since Cape Liberty is so close and Celebrity Summit is going there in 2010.

What's the name of the accessible beach? Sounds great!

Hawaii is fantastic!!

• 3 years later...
We paid $12 USD per day in advance for the parking. They accept cash or credit card. My son dropped me off with our bags and then parked our minivan in the long term parking lot, which is just a very short walk away. Have a great cruise on the Voyager.

i was told that it is 19 a day

• 8 months later...

Archived