Falmouth Red Stripe Beach VS Chukka?

oakonship

Just got back, spent last Tuesday at Red Stripe beach... didn't book ahead of time, but ended up jumping in with the cruise excursion. I think it was $24/person -- covered round-trip transportation & entrance into the private beach, but no lunch or chairs/umbrellas (extra). It's small and got really crowded around noon, but it was clean, had decent restrooms, and a beach bar/grill, as well as a DJ playing music and running games. Turned out to be just what we were looking for :)

We were in line for burgers at the grill, but it was a long line & we had all gotten sunburned :( so we decided to head back to ship for lunch instead. I didn't buy any beer, but they gave us a little "orientation" upon arrival and I believe they said they were $5 each, 3 for $12, or 6 for $20; lots of folks on the beach had the "bucket of beers" which I assume was 6. As I recall the burgers were going to be $4. Good luck!

• 2 months later...
So if you want to just grab a cab and go to Red Stripe Beach you cannot get to this area with the restrooms and chair rentals?

Cabs and private vehicles won't be allowed into Red Stripe Beach. If you want to take a cab instead of an excursion, go to Time n Place instead (it's less than a mile down the shore from Red Stripe). Beers there are $3.

Edited by ahecht

In July 2012 we took a cab to Time N Place because it was recommended and I read some of the boards. I was so glad the cab driver asked if we wanted to look to see if we wanted to stay before he left. We walked in and it was deserted, seaweed was on the picnic tables,not much of a beach, and absolutely no food or restrooms. Unless there is a different entrance to Time N Place, I would not recommend. The cab driver took us 10 minutes down the road to a beautiful local beach and no amenities. I think this is where the locals go to relax. there were like 10 people from a cruiseline out of the 20 people were there. We did not mind. We just wanted to hang at a quiet beach. Definitely not for families with small kids. Maybe they have had some changes in a year to the beach since last year.

Doesn't sound at all like my experience at Time n Place. We walked in right next to the bar and food stand, and there were restrooms right nearby.

e5edydy5.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1368853893101.jpg.953158f039122a470786adf7b4239f97.jpg

Edited by ahecht

• 2 weeks later...

If I knew how to post pics, I would. Very deserted. One gentlemen came out did not say a word, a fenced in area of dogs, and the cabanas looked like they had not been used in at least 5 years. Maybe, the cab driver took us to the wrong entrance, but did not "feel right". Left right away. Going back to Falmouth and would love to know if I am wrong on this one. Looking for something to do besides get off the boat and shop or have to drive 45 minutes to get to an excursion. Any recommendations?

• 1 year later...