Piton Hike

seannyice81

I'm looking to hike to the top of one of the Pitons this December while I'm in port. Can anyone recommend me a good company/guide?

We climbed the Gros Piton with Spencer Ambrose Tours. Coming off a cruise ship, Spencer picks you up and transports you to the Gros Piton by boat, which is a much faster way to get there than traveling along the winding west coast by van. Spencer arranges for a qualified guide from the Park to take you up and down the Piton. Water for the climb and lunch after your climb is also included.

We climbed the Gros Piton while on a land-based vacation, so we did not travel by boat to get there, but we had a fantastic time and highly recommend his services.

If you are interested, I have posted our review of the climb on Trip Advisor, or you can watch it on YouTube.

Our Trip Advisor review with photos

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowUserReviews-g147342-d150512-r118341821-Pitons-St_Lucia.html

Our Gros Piton Climb video

I used Spencer Ambrose last month for $125. A speedboat will pick you up from the ship around 8 am, and it's a 30 minute ride to the Pitons. You need to plan for 2 1/2-3 hours to the top because you start on the beach, not at the main trail start, and about 1 1/2-2 hours back down. Scroll to post #390 in my link to read my full review of my hike with TONS of pictures.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1801810&page=20

Let me know if you have any questions!

I used Spencer Ambrose last month for $125. A speedboat will pick you up from the ship around 8 am, and it's a 30 minute ride to the Pitons. You need to plan for 2 1/2-3 hours to the top because you start on the beach, not at the main trail start, and about 1 1/2-2 hours back down. Scroll to post #390 in my link to read my full review of my hike with TONS of pictures.

I just read your review. I enjoyed your commentary and photos. Boy, does that bring back memories--gorgeous views, steep climb, sweat and all! Thanks for sharing.

I just read your review. I enjoyed your commentary and photos. Boy, does that bring back memories--gorgeous views, steep climb, sweat and all! Thanks for sharing.

Thank you! I remember watching your video a while back when deciding if I wanted to do this or not. I left you a comment like 3 months ago. Thanks for posting your link as well! :)

Thanks for posting over here - i wouldn't have goen to the Carnival boards but i ended up reading your review & loved it!

Quick question, Maho Beach, where there plenty of taxis to get there & back?

Thanks for posting over here - i wouldn't have goen to the Carnival boards but i ended up reading your review & loved it!

Quick question, Maho Beach, where there plenty of taxis to get there & back?

You're welcome! Are you planning to do the hike on a future cruise?

Yes, plenty of taxis everywhere to get you to Maho Beach and back. Share one and it's only $8 per person each way.

You're welcome! Are you planning to do the hike on a future cruise?

Yes, plenty of taxis everywhere to get you to Maho Beach and back. Share one and it's only $8 per person each way.

Thank you!

And no hiking for us, especially after reading your review ! lol

Thank you!

And no hiking for us, especially after reading your review ! lol

Totally agree! After seeing that review / pictures, not only am I not going to hike, Im staying on the ship in St Lucia. I dont want to be anywhere near those Pitons!! :D

Thanks for the additional advice. Gapearl, your review is epic!

Its coming down to the Spencer Ambrose hike or a boat excursion... I'm torn!

Do the hike! Do the hike! You can skip the gym that day and have awesome bragging rights! :D

• 4 weeks later...

Archived