Dominion Hotel in Vancouver

WOW - We just completed the Priceline request and I think we got a good deal.

The Dominion was going to cost $71 (usd) per night.

On Priceline we got the Coast Plaza Suite on Comox Street for $80 (usd) per night. It looks like a pretty nice place on it's website - do you think it's a nice place?

Thank you so much for saving our butts on the Dominion thing !!

you got a great deal! They have a fabulous spa where all the stars go.

You are on top of a hill and the Wall Center is across the stree. Robson St is downhill about 3 blocks and there is an IGA( like Safeway) on the way.

The Sutton Place is also down the hill and they have great food and a fabulous bar called Gerard's. Met Tom Selleck there and Harrison Ford!

They have a Chocolate buffet some weekends.

Don Francesco is a great place to eat close buy-service is fabulous.

The one you got is close to Stanley Park and English Bay. Robson is still close and you are right off Denman Street. Lots of funky shops and places to eat.

Good Peope watching and outdoor cafes. On Denman turn right and head down to Robson-at the next corner(on Denman) is Cafe De Paris-a great French Bistro! Wonderful pomme frites!

We tried to book a room at the Coast last month and they quoted us $165.00 CDN-so you git a great deal.

There are buses right outside the door that will take you close to Gastown. Our drivers are friendly-just ask them where to get off.

• 3 years later...

Even as a person who lives within 90 mins of Vancouver I had occasion to use priceline.com last month and got the Marriott Renaissance on W. Hastings just a couple of blocks from Canada Place for $75. You need to go to the biding screen then choose 3.5*+ in Downtown-Vancouver and start you bidding at $65 or $70. All of the hotels in the downtown area at this level are in a safe area, close to most of the city's sights, and are within a $10 to $15 cab fare to either of the cruise terminals. We have been learning this season of rooms in 5* hotels going for under $100....it's a great year to travel.:)

I didn't think the Dominion was even renting out rooms anymore as I thought that the government brought it and was going to convert it to social or non-market housing.

There is a pub there called the Lamplighter which was a staple drinking hole for me and some of my buddies that had good entertainment etc.

Like a lot of the Gastown - this area is undergoing a rebirth and with the near completion of the Woodwards project later this fall should start to see a much more liveable neighbourhood - I have a couple of former work mates who brought condos in Gastown and they say that they don't find a lot of problems down there.

Yes there a lots of street people but the real drug dealing is a couple of blocks away.

As the OP would like to stay close to Gastown the two closest that I could recommend who be the St Regis or the Ramada on Pender.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Dennis

Archived