Me and my sister need your help

Cantwaittocruise07

Hello fellow cruiser

I need your help. My parents are big cruisers. They've been on 10 cruises in the last 6 years or so. We'll there anniversary is coming up and I want to do something very special for them. They have probably taken thousands of pictures from their trips and they are all saved on CD's and on their computers. I always ask my mom when is she going to get the pictures developed and she always says she has no idea. She loves them all and it would be to hard to pick and choose. We'll me and my sister came up with the idea to get them all developed for her. Now as you may guess this could add up quickly. I've recently discovered this website called Snapfish.com. They develope pictures and have products that you can put pictures on ect. Well they have a program where if you refer someone and they sign up, you get 20 free prints and I get 20 free prints. If you decided you wanted to use your 20 free prints, the shipping (I believe is $1.99). If you decided that you didnt want to use them, I would still get my 20 free prints. All you would have to do is email me and i'd send you a message through snapfish.com. You sign up and I get my credits. If after a couple days you decide you dont want them sending you anything or you dont want to use your credits, you can always get them to stop emailing you. I normaly wouldnt do this but we wanted to do something very special that they wouldnt be expecting and that would last them a long time. We can just imagine the hours of memories they'll have looking over the photos from past cruises. If you would like to help us out that would be so appreciated. If not we totally understand. Please dont be mad. Of all people who would understand the joys of looking at cruise pictures, I thought it would be you guys.

Thanks so much

Lisa

My email address is cantwaittocruise07@yahoo.com

Hi there

I can totally understand having all the electronic photos on the computer etc. I have dozens of albums from before I had a digital camera and now the only time I print photos is when I'm doing a scrapbooking or gift album and then I mostly print from my colour printer. Mind you, the ones I have in albums I seldom look at unless I'm looking for a specific photo.

Before digital, would your parents put the photos in albums or are they all lying around in boxes? If the latter, then printing them all will just add to that. For my sister-in-law who kept saying she would put her pictures in albums one day, when she was on holiday my sister and I got all her photos and put them in albums for her. So, maybe instead of printing all of them, you could pick some from each cruise and put them in a nice album. Bombay company sells albums with wooden cover that is more of a coffee table album. You get a tag with it that you can have inscribed.

Another idea would be to take a couple of pictures from each port and have a coffee table book printed up. I haven't done this yet but plan to after my Med Cruise in sept. I original found info on this from digital scrapbooking sites, but they can be used for regular photos as well.

www.bound2remember.com

www.mypublisher.com

http://www.digitalscrapbookplace.com/shop/Albums/index.shtml

One review I read indicated that both companies produce good results, but that bound2remember is more upscale looking.

Another option might be to get the photos all saved to DVD and then they can be viewed through the TV at any time.

Hope this is helpful.

Frances

• 2 weeks later...

Lisa,

Many people seem to think that it's bad that all those digital photos never get printed but I think we can to start looking at them in a new way. I have a mac so it's really easy but I'm sure some of you windows users can point them in the right direction to get software that will allow them to make a digital slide show to music. It's quick, easy and inexpensive and the slideshow can be burned to a dvd or onto a camcorder then on a video to watch on TV, or just saved on the computer to view there. I have a slideshow as a screensaver on my computer and there were about 6 people sitting there watching it when I had a party for the 4th of July.

Just a thought,

Mary

Try Photoshow Deluxe. There are links to purchase it from Snapfish.com or if you are use Comcast for your internet service it is free(an 89.00 value). You just need to find the link from Comcast home page. Look for "Comcast Products" in a box titled Security center. It works great and the CD's can be played in most DVD players. Lots of fun features to use for those not so great photos.

Have fun with it.

Tina

Glory 8-20-2005

Disney Aug 2004

Photos, I am a photo maniac, and both my kids take after me. I moved to digital about a year ago, and I love it. I love snapfish, use the prepay prints option, and pay 10 cents a print. I can't imagine how many pix we'll take on our Miracle cruise, but I'm hoping to upload to snapfish, request prints, and have them here when we get home.

They make it easy to share pictures too, I just email links to friends who are interested in seeing my photos.

Archived